Get ready for election fever...

Gary

I'm voting for that bloke in the Labour poster....

the one sat on the Audi, because I like Gene Hunt and he takes no crap from anyone so he must be a good guy........

What do you mean the poster isn't supposed to be taken that way??? :lol::lol:

I'm voting for that bloke in the Labour poster....

the one sat on the Audi, because I like Gene Hunt and he takes no crap from anyone so he must be a good guy........

What do you mean the poster isn't supposed to be taken that way??? :lol::lol:

I think that is what you call a classic own goal! :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess we should all brace ourselves for a never ending amount of phone calls, door knocking and paper through our doors (should boost the recycling targets though) and for even more childish behaviour from some of the numpties that want our votes.

If any are reading then I'd just like to say that I am BORED STIFF of all the childish behaviour along with the 'quick say we did it' brigade and also the relentless name calling, stone throwing and general tittle tattle....

so I would like a grown up to be elected this time please :wink::D

Just desining a poster to put on my front door which will eventually read something like "please place any Labour or Lib Dem leaflets in the blue bin provided"....... with an arrow pointing the way! Should get the message across!! :lol:

Good idea Baz I may design one too as I'm fed up of the leaflets too although I will put on my poster that I am more than happy for ANY party representative to knock on my door for a chat.. :wink::lol:

What I don't get though is why my other half always gets personally addressed letters from all parties through the letterbox and even the odd phone call but I never get anything at all. :cry::D

Guess us girlies are not so important after all and Ms Pankhurst wasted her time eh :lol:

well they don't waste time do they. got my first "can we count on your vote" letter bright and early this morning.

mind you had my polling card last thursday so his announcement on monday was hardly a surprise was it. :roll:

good job they are emptying the recycling bin this week think i am going to need it. :lol::lol:

I had an hour long chat on my drive with our local(ish) Lib Dem chappy who happened to be putting Jo Crotty stuff through letter boxes this morning..... the cheek of it.

Mind you, I hadn't yet put my poster with the directions to the blue bin on my door and had to do it myself!

He did seem to be a decent enough guy though and he wasn't wearing sandals or driving an electric car (which was quite refreshing) although he did try and defend the merits of dropping Jo Crotty onto Warrington as a candidate; despite her having been the South Staffordshire candidate in 2005 and an election blog at the time stating that "Dr. Jo Crotty lives in Staffordshire and is a lecturer at Aston University" so a good local girl for the Warrington seat then!!

I guess that flat in Bewsey doesn't get used too often then!! :lol:

I must remember to put that poster up before the Labour chap comes a-callin'!!

.............Jo Crotty onto Warrington as a candidate; despite her having been the South Staffordshire candidate in 2005 and an election blog at the time stating that "Dr. Jo Crotty lives in Staffordshire and is a lecturer at Aston University" so a good local girl for the Warrington seat then!!

That was her by election defeat Baz, prior to which she stood as the "local candidate" in Eddisbury (Cheshire) in the 2005 General Election. Came a distant third as I recall.

the phrases "she gets about abit" or "she's been around then" come to mind.....

Or maybe her true destiny is to travel the country; (moving on every four years or so) driving an orange Prius and being photographed pointing at things a lot with a sad look on her face

Very few politicians nowadays, stand in areas that they were born and bred in. It is now a career path, where young naive wannabees, leave Uni, get a job as a researcher in Parliament, ensure they are seen as a Party clone (rather than part of the arkward squad), their inexperience of life and people contributing to their lack of wisdom or conviction. This will become apparent in the new Parliament, which will see the biggest turnover of MPs since 1945; their naivity and ambition ensuring that they will toe the Party line regardless of the issues presented. :roll:

Got my very first 'personally' addressed leaflet today... and my other half didn't get one.... only two days after I whinged about 'it' on here :D:wink: (... ok so that is hoping for a bit too much and I know it's just coincidence really :lol: )

So the Labour MP chap won a point on that count :lol:

Second point of the day goes to the Libe Dem MP for my second 'personally' named leaflet in one day but 1/2 a point deducted for it taking me 10 mins to calm my dog down and to stop her going balistic after spotting the delivery person (guess she's not a lib dem supporter then :lol: ) and 1/4 of a point deducted for not knocking for a chat :P

You guessed it.... I'm bored already :lol:

Anyone know any good jokes :D

Anyone with any grip on reality knows that we're bankrupt and the only way to rectify the situation will be through huge cuts in public services and consequent job losses and/or large hikes in taxation from all and any source. So what are we being fed by the politicians: we have a notional/fictional term called "efficiency savings", a term used to fool the public into believing that the necessary action by whoever is in Government in May, will not be painfull - so the debate has degenerated into the trivia of National Insurance - the Tories saying that they can spare an increase using the same notional efficiency savings that Labour are planning. One example of "efficiency savings" is to cut down on the number of sick days in the NHS; aside from sacking workers who go sick, thus leaving us even shorter on staff, perhaps someone could explain just how they can ensure that can be achieved as a solid tangible saving? Then, given the overiding nature of the economic imperitive and the failiure/fear of politicians to honestly address it in properly costed terms - the media, in desperation for somethingto report - are now dwelling on the personalities and wives of the prospective PMs - down to what cloths they wear etc - just how pathetic is that? :roll: