FA Cup shocks

wolfie

Nearly correct with the Liverpool result wolfie, although I suspect an element of corruption.

Earlier this week Luton who are on the point of going bust appealed to Liverpool to 'give up' their percentage of the gate receipts. Liverpool refused but helped Luton's cause by putting the ball in their own net with only 13 minutes of the game left :roll: :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by JayC:

Peter.

The title of this thread is FA cup shocks, well the result of the LFC, LTFC game was no shock to me , it had draw written all over it before the kick off.

John

Is that suggesting that Liverpool need the extra games?

NO team in the top six should be looking for a draw.

The poo, just didn't turn up. Good job Carragher was playing.

I am suggesting that the way Rafa set the team up that a draw was always on the cards.

John

JayC, Rafa sets the team up differently every other match :confused:

A web site exists where members are invited to list what they think will be Rafa's team for the next match. :crazy:

Originally posted by wolfie:

I am suggesting that the way Rafa set the team up that a draw was always on the cards.

John

JayC, Rafa sets the team up differently every other match :confused:

A web site exists where members are invited to list what they think will be Rafa's team for the next match. :crazy:

The site is called Fantasy Rafa wolfie Fantasy Rafa

[ 08.01.2008, 11:13: Message edited by: Keith R ]

Wolfie , Keith R.

Thank you for the link I have registered and attached is my team for Saturday V MiddlesB.

25. Reina

3. Finnan

4. Hyypia

6. Riise (If Arbelor is fit then he replaces Riise.

23. Carragher

7. Kewell

8. Gerrard

11. Benayoun

20. Mascherano

9. Torres

18. Kuyt

John

I wouldn't say so to be honest. I think his team will be Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Arbeloa, Pennant, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kewell, Voronin, Torres.

I think his strongest team, for me any way, is Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Pennant, Mascherano, Alonso, Babbel, Gerrard, Torres

That's if he's not playing 442 mind you :wink:

Any team that contains Hyypia & Kewell can't be a 'strongest team'. James, a lone striker against Middlesboro...I think when Benitez goes he should take you with him since you have the same nonsense attitude to tactics and team selection.

Reina

Finnan

Carragher

Agger

Arbeloa

Gerrard

Mascherano

Benayoun

Voronin

Torres

Kuyt

When fit the above team would guarantee a top four finish so stop fannying about and aim to score more than the opposition.

Matty.

Both Agger and Arbeloa are injured , my selection was for this weekends game only once Agger is fit he will be back in the starting line up.

John

Hi,

I'm aware of that, if everyone was fit that would be the best team we could muster in my opinion.

For the game at the weekend I would go with

GK. Reina

RB. Finnan

CB. Carragher

CB. Hyypia

LB. Aurelio

RM. Benayoun

CM. Alonso

CM. Gerrard

LM. Kewell

ST. Kuyt

ST. Torres

I think all are fit/available, but I would bet money he plays a completely different side.

Well Eagle considering the "great" sir Alex plays one up front when away from home (West Ham away springs to mind) I don't think its a bad call. What's the point of accomdating central players like Voronin and Kuyt in wide positions when we have players better equipped for the role. Against city he went 442 and although we dominated, to find the break through I thought he should have put took Kuyt off for Alsonso and put Gerrard behind Torres. This allows Alsonso's passing game to get the wingers involved, but also gives us the option of playing trough the middle with Gerrard and Torres.

Many peole have short memories, Rafa is still the manager who has lead us to two European Cup finals in three seasons and out thought the likes of the special one, achelotti and Capello on more than one occassion. Every manager and team experience bad spells and I think this is major over reaction to Liverpool's current form and situation.