Liverpool fans

Eagle

Originally posted by Eagle:

G'man, I cannot disagree with any of your post but would make slight adjustment to your final comment:-

" So while it is true that there are many annoying Liverpool fans around, that alas is the same with any club."

I would amend it to say " Whilst there are many annoying fans involved with any club it is quite obvious that Liverpool have more than their share"

I would replace your euphemism 'annoying' with something stronger and also suggest that the number of annoying fans is directly proportional to the success. Bandwagon merchants!

How can you justify this statement when UEFA have backed down.

I didn't think I needed to justify any opinion I give on this forum :onfire: :onfire:

It would be very boring if opinion had to tempered to avoid upsetting people who are always over defensive.

I know two Man U fans who are total gobbins and should not be allowed out after dark, do you want me to justify the statement? :thumbsdown:

UEFA president Michel Platini was keen to distance himself from outrageous accusations from one of his senior colleagues that Liverpool fans were the worst behaved in Europe.

Asked whether Liverpool fans were to blame for trouble at some of the gates ahead of the clash with AC Milan, Platini said: "No, we cannot say that. We cannot point the finger. And, no, they are not the worst behaved in Europe.

"The issue is not that they are English or Spanish, one club or another. It is simply about fans who travel without tickets. This is an old story. It is just that more English fans follow their clubs than those from other countries. It is not as if one set of fans are good or one set bad."

'nuff said :wink:

Well one is probably telling the truth based on the independent reports and the other is trying to diffuse the situation.

Considering that a leading Liverpool based web site, (of interest mainly to Liverpudlians )arranged a poll asking 'Are Liverpool fans the worst behaved in Europe, the results were interesting. 46% said Yes, 14% probably, 40% No.

nuff said :D

Not in 1984 it wasn't. Don't forget, United lost to Liverpool the year before in the 'Mickey Mouse' Cup. Besides, if United won these combinations, they would suddenly and conveniently stop being mickey mouse trebles.

Besides, I am deeply suspicious of the fact that loads of Liverpool supporters confessed openly to have all once been United supporters at one point. Then I noticed that a lot of these people suddenly in the early 90s stopped wearing Liverpool shirts and started wearing United shirts. They then defended their garbage on the grounds that the true sensible football fan chooses the best team of the day in order to be able to gloat at others about it. :D:P

[ 09.06.2007, 15:14: Message edited by: Goonerman ]