Gas to increase by 70%!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Coincidentally there was a prog last night about - Utilities charging "estimated" bills to customers, charging them at the new rate, even though the period included the time prior to the rate rise - thought we had Government regulators to tackle these rip off merchants?! :roll::wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Gas suppliers will still want their thousand quid a year regardless of how much less you use. They will simply increase the unit cost to ensure they still get their thousand quid from you. Likewise with petrol..if an engine which delivered a thousand miles to the gallon were to be developed, petrol would cost a hundred quid a gallon.

• 2 weeks later...
When the gas price shot up recently, they blamed it on oil getting to over $100 a` barrel: well the price has now come down to around $50 a barrel; so why hasn't gas prices fallen too?! :?:twisted:

They claim that the gas we are using now was purchased at the high rate. Also as oil is traded in dollars and the pound against the dollar is very low this has an effect on what we pay too. So they claim :wink:

The truth will be out....sort of....when we see their cash profits and their profit margin.

The falling value of the ? against the $ is a good point, 25% is a big drop. That being said back in the 90s I remember almost parity...I was manufacturing water treatment equipment in the US and selling some of it in the UK.

The truth will be out....sort of....when we see their cash profits and their profit margin.

The falling value of the ? against the $ is a good point, 25% is a big drop. That being said back in the 90s I remember almost parity...I was manufacturing water treatment equipment in the US and selling some of it in the UK.

So taking the p**s is not a new thing Paul :D Sorry, cheap gag I know. The profits will be astronomical as we all know but nothing will be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the Gas Companies are refusing to pass on the reductions in the price of wholesale gas now that oil has dropped below $40 a barrel. :shock::evil: EON's CEO claims they need wide profit margins to pay for new (and expensive) investments in new renewable energy systems - if you can believe it! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

That's true and foreign competition killed off the British car industry in the UK. Perhaps the auto-industry has simply been too slow to plan ahead and begin designing car for the future.

If Dubai are planning for oil reserves running out by turning the city into a grand leisure complex with the best facilities in the world shouldn't the auto industry have been doing the same. The catch 22 situation with Dubai however is that if there is no longer any oil then maybe there will be no aircraft as we know them.

Take a bow Mr Branson... I wonder what he is going to cme up with?

That's true and foreign competition killed off the British car industry in the UK. Perhaps the auto-industry has simply been too slow to plan ahead and begin designing car for the future.

If Dubai are planning for oil reserves running out by turning the city into a grand leisure complex with the best facilities in the world shouldn't the auto industry have been doing the same. The catch 22 situation with Dubai however is that if there is no longer any oil then maybe there will be no aircraft as we know them.

Take a bow Mr Branson... I wonder what he is going to come up with?

- nuclear powered balloon. :wink: