Celebrating 25 years of Warrington Worldwide online

Gary

April sees is celebrating 25 years of Warrington Worldwide online - Where did that time go?

It has been quite a journey and I suspect the forum will be 25 years old in another year or two.

Big thank you to those of you who are still around and have been part of our journey.

Shame social media came along as it certainly impacted the forum - although for finding stuff out from the past this still knocks spots off social media - hence we have kept it going. 

More about our 25 years in the link below and some congratulations messages from those we have worked with over the years!

Celebrating 25 years of Warrington Worldwide and messages of Congratulation

• Upvote 1

my first port of call in the morning to see what has been going on in warrington overnight or not as the case may be. pop back in the evening to see if anything has changed or there is new news to read.

25 years ago i still had hair on top of my head and could boogie with the best of them, or the worst depending on who you talked to.

congratulations to all the team for an excellent service provided and good luck and fortune for the future.

Yes it’s a well done from me as well.

As for spreading the word, if something on FB has already been discussed here, I usually add a link in the hope of attracting others.

The problem is with a closed door and absent administrators, nobody can’t join in.

Bill 😊

On 3/28/2024 at 8:08 AM, Evil Sid said:

my first port of call in the morning to see what has been going on in warrington overnight or not as the case may be. pop back in the evening to see if anything has changed or there is new news to read.

25 years ago i still had hair on top of my head and could boogie with the best of them, or the worst depending on who you talked to.

congratulations to all the team for an excellent service provided and good luck and fortune for the future.

Many thanks for your loyal readership Sid

On 3/28/2024 at 3:02 PM, ninearches said:

It is a great pity the gospel isn't spreading to a wider involvement , but well done so far.

WE reach between 10,000 to 20,000 readers a day on the main site - so the gospel reaches far and wide - sadly few are interested in forums these days :( Seven active members from what I can see currently :(

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Yes it’s a well done from me as well.

As for spreading the word, if something on FB has already been discussed here, I usually add a link in the hope of attracting others.

The problem is with a closed door and absent administrators, nobody can’t join in.

Bill 😊

I check admin every month or so and the system allows people to auto-join unless they are suspected spammers. There are usually at least 20-30 people reading the forum every time I check. There are lots of posts showing up on google searches of Warrington. Hence the forum is still here!

Thanks Gary, It is the only place where you can air views of your own choosing. Other social media forces you to follow everyone else's flow and that is am important benefit of this forum. Congratulations on 25 years of the local news service which has integrity, and us readers can tell. The different in professionalism and tone between Worldwide and Newsquest is palpable and I appreciate it greatly.