blood tests in warrington.

Evil Sid

have to book a blood test for Mrs sid as a yearly check on her calcium levels.

been trying to get through to Warrington hospital blood clinic all day Monday only to get the engaged signal each time.

did manage to get through to the jubilee hub blood clinic who have no free slots until mid April and who informed that bath street was the same before they advised me to call the hospital.

now it seems that you have to use a calendar to remind you of the at most five minute procedure.

so has there been a sudden increase in blood tests or is it the fact that you now have to book that causing the wait.

prior to the covid you could walk into any of the three blood clinics, take a ticket and wait for your number to be called. OK you may be waiting a couple of hours if it was busy but at least  you could see the queue moving,albeit slowly at times.

That’s odd Sid. Mrs Green had to get an annual blood test a few weeks back and got seen at Orford Park within a couple of days. In and out within a few minutes so the changes seem a huge improvement to me.

I visited the doctor a few weeks back about my arm which is still giving me issues. The doctor wanted another xray and after one click on her computer, she informed me I could just go down to the hospital at any time. An hour later I was all done and most of that was trying to find a parking place!

Bill 😊

well finally managed to get a ringing tone. ten minutes of mind numbing music interspersed with the message "all our operators are busy please hold" that or "sorry about the wait please hold". after ten minutes i was informed that i was number four in the queue. Cue mind numbing music and messages for next ten minutes. "you are number one in the queue" another five minutes of music and messages and a human being came on the line.

gave relevant details and was told to turn up in morning at 11.40.

time spent talking to the human being less than two minutes.total time spent making the appointment 34 minutes.

the actual blood test takes about three minutes once you go in and most of that is confirming who you are. why orford hub and bath street is so busy i have no idea. the delay at the hospital is that it is the general appointments line so every appointment goes through it.

with the xray Bill a referral by a doctor generally gets seen a lot quicker than wandering into the likes of A&E where you may wait four or five hours just to get it triaged.

i still prefer the pick a number and sit down way, easy for me if needed a blood test. get there before they officially open the outpatients doors and you can be in and out in less than ten minutes.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

That’s odd Sid. Mrs Green had to get an annual blood test a few weeks back and got seen at Orford Park within a couple of days. In and out within a few minutes so the changes seem a huge improvement to me.

I visited the doctor a few weeks back about my arm which is still giving me issues. The doctor wanted another xray and after one click on her computer, she informed me I could just go down to the hospital at any time. An hour later I was all done and most of that was trying to find a parking place!

Bill 😊

What I found was that it is any time BUT not between 1200 and 1300 as the Xray dept doesn't do GP's appointments then. Presumably whatever time is lunchtime for particular staff on that day.