General Election ?

Observer II

With all the opposition Parties and a sizable portion of the public, clamouring for a General Election, as if it would be a panacea for our current economic woes;  it's no wonder we're in a mess.  No matter who won a General Election, the same mess would have to be faced and cleared up,  and every time a Labour MP is asked for solutions, they say they would have to "look at the books" and view the OBR forecasts' in other words, they would just be prisoners of events, just like the Tories.   So giving the option of one clueless faction for another.   In the last General Election, after a disasterous hung parliament, which tried to overturn the Referendum decision on Brexit;  the Tories were given a clear, 70 seat majority mandate, to "get Brexit done".  However, they didn't and they haven't,  and this sell out has permitted a resurgence of The Remainer forces in the political establishment to engineer the current coup and rob the 17.5 million of their aspiration, of an independent Nation, with secure borders, capable of looking after it's own interests, without dependency on Global ties.   So another General Election will resolve nothing imo.    😠

given that all parties seem to be the same and composed of "career" politicians then a general election would be pointless. Just switch every six months until they have all had a go.

the other option is to stop their pay and expenses until they resolve matters and see how many jump ship of any party.

I like your latter suggestion Sid; pay them according to their delivery - EG:  zero migrants entering the UK and scraping the ECHR plus deporting all illegal migrants from within the UK;  N/I protocol scrapped and N/I fully integrated within the Union;  cost of living balance in favour of poorest with strongest shoulders (incl politicians) bearing the load;  scrap the unelected House of Lords and limit it to 100 seats elected in direct proportion to the votes per Party at a Gen Election. DE-woke the Police and Civil Service and get back to gender reality.   :unsure:

Whoever gets to become the next PM I doubt anything will change because of the amount of division within the party. Nigel Farage summed it up the other day when he said that most are egotistic career politicians who put backstabbing before national unity. I say that unless they can pull off a miracle and sort things out, the conservative party will literally cease to exist at the next election.

Bill 😊

Well, I wouldn’t rule that out. I think unless the conservatives can get their act together before the next election then we’ll see some kind of alternative unity party emerging to take votes from a lot of disgruntled people. And it wouldn’t surprise me to see Nigel Farage again involved in this.

Bill 😊

Well, I can't see things improving with the Tories;  We've got totally self centred Boris with a kangaroo court hanging over him,  millionaire globalist Sunack ready to steer us back into the EU;   and in for a pound Penny, still not sure about the difference between males and females.   The opposition are a gaggle of uninspiring no-marks, prepared to say anything for a vote.   They haven't "got Brexit done",  as it requires conviction, determination and delivery.     😠

Yep, the whole thing is depressing after covid, the war in the Ukraine, the loss of our monarch and now with nobody seemingly able to run the country it’s no wonder everyone’s fed up. I say bring back bumbling Boris, I don’t think even he can solve all the problems but at least he’ll give us all a laugh trying.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

It certainly looks like a kangaroo court but any sanction has to be applied by a majority of the House of Commons. For any Tory MP who voted to censure Boris in the event that he once again because Leader of the Party it would mean immediate deselection for the next election. The fast way to end your career even if the seat is safe. 

The best way forward would be for Boris and Rishi to kiss and make up, then give the public what they want. Boris as a popular PM with Rishi back in charge of the financials. Then when the kangaroo court has to reach a decision, the question would be is it worth throwing the country back into chaos for what most see as a minor political point of order.

If they can’t do this and prefer to put personal arguments before the wishes of the people and the future of this country then neither deserve to in a position of power.

Bill 😊

Boris is all about Boris; he was elected on a mandate of "getting Brexit done",  and he's clearly failed in that; and because he has no core political beliefs, he's open to  influence by his wife and others, which detract from his original mandate.  His cavalier approach, though entertaining; leaves him wide open to entrapment by his opponents - hence the Partygate fiasco.   Sunak is the creature of globalism and would operate as such, without considering the plight of the Plebs.   As for the rest,  I can't see anyone with the qualities required to lead this Country towards those sunlit uplands, which makes even a General Election a futile endevour.      :unsure:

I think my suggestions are all over these posts Bill;  problem is, our politicians have made promises, we voted on them and they haven't delivered.  IE - Brexit.   Our borders are non-existant, were spending £5million per day to house illegal migrants in hotels; we've got a woke police and civil service incapable of clearing our roads of eco-nutters or deporting migrants to Rwanda; we-re in danger of losing N/Ireland from the Union  -  zero delivery.    😠

Just heard Rebecca Long-Bailey defending Labour's woke approach to immigration - basically the more the merrier.   At a time when we're supposed to be strapped for cash, illegals alone are costing us £5million per day to house and feed in four star hotels, while many British citizen, including ex-military, are sleeping rough in our cities.  😠

Looks like there’s not going to be another election soon thank God because I reckon everyone’s just about fed up to their back teeth with all the political game play.

Why these people can’t just get their act together and come up with something to solve all the countries problems is beyond me.

They’re like leopards that can’t change their spots. They’ve been brought up to nit-pick and name call and they just can’t turn it off.

Bill 😊

Westminster bubble politics -  most have never had a proper job in their life and are spellbound by the £80k plus expenses that's lavished on them;  so they're left with preening their egos and pulling each other to bits with gossip, aided and abetted by the MSM.    The latest pile on Braverman,  who's talking common sense, in a manner that most ordinary folk understand,  is being picked on by woke MPs, even some in her own Party.  They are clearly the lowest of the low in professional ratings.     😠

• Upvote 1