Virgin tv fault

Latchford Locks

Yesterday I lost all my channels just nothing worked I phoned customer service to receive a curt message " sorry all our operators are busy right now please try again later" and then the line goes dead.I tried several times during the day and always the same.

Ok these things happen ; so I went on virgin web site it too was down,

In fact the only information I could get was from Down Detector an independent site.

https://downdetector.co.uk/

This informed me the outage was widespread.

Now in life these things happen my gripe is the total lack of any information from virgin. They have my email and are quick enough to send me "Special Offers" and my bills but absolutely nothing to let me know what was going on or when it would be fixed THATS what is getting my goat and when my contract ends shortly they will be hearing my opinions !!

Did anyone else suffer this problem?.

Incidentally still no communication about the problem even though everything is now working again

Very poor virgin very poor 😒👎

• Upvote 1

Virgin Media affected by national TV outage - RXTV info

Organising telling everyone without knowing what to tell them is a recipe for disaster. It is the third TV distribution disaster of late affecting freeview then virgin. They seem to be a bit careless these days. I suspect that the over-centralisation permitted by digital Television is partly to blame.

18 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

Virgin Media affected by national TV outage - RXTV info

Organising telling everyone without knowing what to tell them is a recipe for disaster. It is the third TV distribution disaster of late affecting freeview then virgin. They seem to be a bit careless these days. I suspect that the over-centralisation permitted by digital Television is partly to blame.

I'm not really complaining about the fault; these things happen now and then.

It's the lack of any information yesterday or today that galls me

RXTV another independent organisation reports that .....

"Virgin media says it's sorry for the inconvenience caused, it hasn't yet made any statements on compensation for customers"

image.jpeg.705511907bf0f6e42854d2fa9076293b.jpeg