Cancel Netflix on Virgin.

Latchford Locks

I have Netflix on my virgin account but Virgin say "Talk to Netflix"

Netflix say "Talk to Virgin" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrgh!! 😬

Has anyone ever cancelled  Netflix that is on their virgin account.

It's very easy if you pay Netflix directly but via virgin is proving impossible for me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

See the source image

No netflix is separate no matter what virgin package your are on..

I am currently on the virgin maxit package and you don't get it on that and it is the highest package they do.

best way to try latch is to say you are going over to BT and want to talk about cancellation of virgin.

amazing what they can do when they want to keep you as a customer.

they wanted me to pay £5.00 extra for an upgrade offer they had. I told them i was not interested and eventually they upgraded me to the maxit tv and 500mb broadband at a cost increase of £1.00 per month.

When the current contract is up i will see what they can offer me before downgrading back to what i had previously and probably minus sky sports which only ever gets used during the rugby season. (unless Sants are playing grrrr)

• Haha 1

Netflix must work differently on Virgin because there are no pay to view films on mine and there is a fairy good selection. That said, even though I'm with Virgin I don't use their box so it's direct from Netflix. I'm using my sons account so he will be paying something for the package. The Amazon channel has a lot of pay for view but there's an option on the menu to show only what's included for free.

Bill :)   

never been bothered with any of those. watch some telly on freeview and the rugby on my laptop linked to the tv and that is about it. mrs sid has the virgin box downstairs.

even then she only seems to watch the soaps and gems tv with the occasional rugby match if warrington are playing.

Bargain hunt and Dickensons real deal being the highlight of my viewing.

Bargain hunt to see how much the experts don't know " i paid a hundred quid for it" auctioneer "i have put a guide price of between ten and twenty quid"and dickensons real deal to see how greedy the seller are. seller "i only want fifty quid for it" dealer offers a hundred and fifty seller "can you go a bit more?"

if i want fims i do watch the occasional "c" movie on the horror channel, specal effects the would make ray harryhousen turn in his grave and acting akin to the the wooden tops. I find them quite funny to watch they are so bad they are good.

When I was young and penniless, I had no TV for several years which wasn’t a problem for me apart from constantly being left out of pub conversations. It’s only when you don’t have a telly that you realize just how much of what we talk about stems from our viewing habits.

Now with all these expensive extra addon’s, we seem to be heading back to a similar situation where those that can’t afford the likes of Netflix, Now TV etc could end up not understanding who did what to who in Game of Thrones.

Bill 😊

23 hours ago, Bill said:

Netflix must work differently on Virgin because there are no pay to view films on mine and there is a fairy good selection. That said, even though I'm with Virgin I don't use their box so it's direct from Netflix. I'm using my sons account so he will be paying something for the package. The Amazon channel has a lot of pay for view but there's an option on the menu to show only what's included for free.

Never ever come across a Netflix pay to view option think it would be tantamount to robbery if they tried that and lose at least 50% of their customers

Amazon is slightly different as you get free delivery on all their parcels which in my case add up over a month especially since lockdown

I think it depends on which of their three packages you decide to take out. I’d guess that only the top package is completely free but the one for about £6 a month will probably have a pay for any recent film.

Amazon reminds me of something I saw on the old Tomorrows World program where someone developed a barcode reader that scanned the item as you threw the discarded container in the bin and automatically ordered a replacement for you. Watch anything on Amazon and you get bombarded with much of the same even when what you watched was a load of old rubbish. But that’s the way life works these days, some silly algorithm decides what it thinks you like.

At least Netflix doesn’t have anywhere near as many old movies as Amazon.

I’m guessing you don’t have Netflix then?

Bill 😊

On 6/15/2021 at 3:28 PM, Bill said:

I think it depends on which of their three packages you decide to take out. I’d guess that only the top package is completely free but the one for about £6 a month will probably have a pay for any recent film.

😊

No the three levels are (1),access only to one user and no HD, (2)  up to 3 users. (3) multiple users + HD 

On no levels are there any pay per view

I see. So it's basically all the same content and just varies with the access level. I assumed because Obs said "I'm not impressed with the selection of films on Netflix, and rule out any that are chargeable." that he was referring to chargeable films on Netflix, similar to how it works on Amazon. We learn something everyday.

Here it's mainly the wife who does most of the telly watching and she finds enough on Freeview to keep her in her occupied so the steaming channels hardly ever get used.