Don't make me laugh.

Bill

This morning, Matt Hancock was being grilled over why he was advising people to hold off booking their holidays while he himself had booked one in Cornwall. He said that his holiday was booked several months ago, and that people wouldn’t find this difficult to understand. He then when on to say, what will be difficult though is for journalists to make a real story out of this. So funny, but what’s not funny is when it makes your tea come down your nose and back in the cup. I don’t know if I should thank Mr Hancock for giving me the first laugh of the day or criticize him for ruining my breakfast cuppa. :)

Bill :)

Let’s hope so. It might not be much help for the wider travel industry, but the flip side is UK tourism will probably have its best year ever. I’ve got rescheduled tickets from last year to see Tom Jones in July but because this is a normally crowded event, I’m not sure it won’t be postponed again and if this keeps on, his supporting act will be the Zimmers.

Bill 😊

• Haha 1

Well it looks like i will be going to argate again this year. With good views of the house next door, handy for the shops and local transport and within walking distance of the local parks. a bargain at nowt per week only downside is it is self catering.......:rolleyes:

oh and just to show my ignorance. Who is Matt Hancock?....🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

You’re no different than me then Sid. To me, he’s the bloke that often takes the mike at the Downing Street press releases when Boris isn’t available. I had to Google to find his official title of Secretary of state for health. So don’t feel too bad about not knowing that in fact it’s reassuring to know I’m not the only person that doesn’t get too excited over politics.

And btw, looks like we might be holidaying at the same place, who knows, maybe we'll bump into to you. :)

Bill 😊