vaccine distribution

Observer II

On 1/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, Evil Sid said:

unlikely, have you tried getting in touch with your gp lately.

easier to stroll into MI6 and peruse the top secret files....🕵️‍♂️

The rules at my surgery are ..Do not phone for appointments. Do not visit the surgery. Only contact us via e consult except on Saturday and Sunday. (so do not be sick at weekends)

Then we wonder at the number of walk ups to A&E 🙄

• Upvote 1

I m  surprised at the shambolic state of the roll out, as I thought the Army were in charge.    There doesnt appear to be any geographical logic being applied to the vax centres.   One would have thought that GPs have all your details so could produce an orderly list and appointments,  but 119 are using hotels etc and some folk are just ringing Haliwell Jones direct.  Mind you, Latch is right about the GPs, they,ve been a total waste of space throughout.    😠     😷

By and large I think the way its being done at the moment is as good as it can be for the vast majority and stories about a small minority jumping the ques are almost to be expected given how quickly they get picked up and spread on social media. There’s bound to be some legitimate exceptions to the age rule but without facts people draw their own conclusions. In reality, and given the numbers involved, I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about.

The real fun will start once all the older people are done because we’ll reach a point where the risk is more to do what people do rather than their age. Someone is going to have to try and prioritise this and determine whether teachers should be done before taxi drivers and so on.  

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

Uneven supply of the "frozen" vaccine, means doses are going unused and have to be thrown away -  perhaps the teachers could circle the vax centres, like vultures, to pick up on these and save wasting them.   As for key worker priorities, I'd put policemen and S/Market staff ahead of teachers in any case.  However, the riots will come when all the oldies and at risk groups are done, and we comply with the WHO appeal to start sharing it with the third world; as no one is safe until the vax has global coverage.  😷

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, Observer II said:

I m  surprised at the shambolic state of the roll out, as I thought the Army were in charge.    There doesnt appear to be any geographical logic being applied to the vax centres.   One would have thought that GPs have all your details so could produce an orderly list and appointments,  but 119 are using hotels etc and some folk are just ringing Haliwell Jones direct.  Mind you, Latch is right about the GPs, they,ve been a total waste of space throughout.    😠     😷

I can only speak from personal experience.

But last Tuesday I got a txt with a link to book my vaccination for the next day at HJ stadium.

I was in at 2.00pm and out at 2.15.

That to me is pretty damn good ! 👍

• Upvote 1

Hope your right Latch;  but with teachers and other middle class entitled groups hovering around the kill, there will no doubt be arguments as the scheme progresses; not least when we start exporting the vax to the third world.   The other side of this coin of course, is the number refusing the jab;  even care home workers; I would have thought it would now be a condition of their employment.    😷

I got mine done this morning and the whole process took about half an hour but it was the Pfizer jab so 15 minutes of that time was the compulsory wait afterwards. The only thing I’d add is don’t do what I did, park on Tesco then walk right round the stadium in the pouring rain looking for the entrance only to find it’s just a few yards from where I parked the car. The entrance is at the Dallam Lane end.  

Bill 😊

• Haha 1