Black Post boxes ?

Observer II

The PO has painted a handful of post boxes black to celebrate with black history week,  the handful of blacks who have made significant contributions to the UK.   Now whilst I can recognise and respect the contribution of Mary Seacombe, who nursed our troops in the Crimean War,  I have to ask what Lenny Henry has done ?     :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Observer II said:

The PO has painted a handful of post boxes black to celebrate with black history week,  the handful of blacks who have made significant contributions to the UK.   Now whilst I can recognise and respect the contribution of Mary Seacombe, who nursed our troops in the Crimean War,  I have to ask what Lenny Henry has done ?     :rolleyes:

They are just jumping on the bandwagon... it will be something else next month.. like sky sports rugby,how many players actually just do that bend thing before games so as not to be controversial it's just the easy option.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps we need a Working Lives Matter movement to draw attention to the hard working unsung heroes of industry who turn up daily to work to help to create Britain's wealth. Not the captains of industry with all their honours but the ordinary shop floor workers from all sections of the economy. Not the well paid sportspeople ,not the gentry.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

Mary Seacole (as Asp correctly says) didn't nurse anyone. She ran a hostel in the Crimea and was accused of not doing that very well.