Need Help

Bill

If anyone reading this could do me a big favour and share this message on social media in the Warrington area. 
Does anyone know a couple with the names Andy and Lauren who have just gone on holiday? They've mistakenly posted their door keys through my letterbox on Rushmore Grove Paddington with a note asking that I look after their cats. Nobody on this road has any idea who this couple are or where the cats are and It would be awful for this couple to return from holiday only to find their pets had died. 

Bill  :)

edit

How good is social media when something like this happens. Less than an hour and we managed to track down the right person. :)

• Upvote 1

Fantastic news Bill and well done :D:D  I'd seen your post on social media earlier today on various groups and I shared it too.  I've not been on line again since until now and am so please to see this update :D   FAB :D

Davy

The only info we had was two first names and an assumption that they lived somewhere in Warrington. We reasoned that the only people that would know these people and where they lived would be their close friends so it seemed fairly safe to do this. Many share their holiday pictures on Facebook anyway but to be sure the post was removed as soon as we got the info we needed.

This wasn't just a me thing btw, all the neighbours were concerned and many spent a load of time knocking on doors and making phone calls trying  to work out who these people could be. It's hard to believe anyone would drop their keys through a door without knowing it's the right house especially when animals might suffer as a result.

Anyhow it's a good outcome and thanks to everyone, especially Dizzy who helped to spread the word so quickly.

Bill :)

So should the keys have gone to one of your near neighbours ,Bill , or was it a distance from your house ?  Facebook etc is ideal for posting holiday snaps online to make family & friends at home envious ,but anyone dodgy can also see them & social media is an ideal  information tool for thieves. Any of our pictures that go on faceache only do so when  we are back home.

It was a bit more complicated in that the keys were actually posted at an address right down the road from me. The old chap that lived there had done the rounds of all his neighbours and only came to me because he'd seen cats in our garden and thought we may know something. Clearly the people who were on holiday didn't live in the area otherwise the keys wouldn't have been dropped at a wrong address so far away.  So giving out the two first names of people that lived somewhere in Warrington but nowhere near me isn't much of a giveaway and I could think of a million easier ways of finding out when someones away on holiday.  With that in mind, I do tend to put holiday snaps on Facebook for friends and family while I'm away. The worlds not quite as bad as some make out and I would rather believe that than go through life thinking everyone's out to rip me off.  

Bill :)

• Upvote 1