Dog fouling - why do people still let their pets do it?

Gary

Some people are simply too damn lazy to pick up after their dogs and they couldn't care less, they disgust me.  It's not just on fields either, the backs near us are always full of dog crap and often see it on pavements and grass verges too.

Re the problem on fields some owners just stand around chatting to each other while their off lead dogs exercise themselves so they don't even notice their dogs have 'been' unless it's pointed out to them.

I can't see how putting up signs will help though as if they can't be arsed to pick up they probably can't be arsed to read signs and take note either.

I hope the council manage to see some doing it and slap them with fines, maybe increase it to £200 !!

why on earth would you want to have an animal that you have to follow round with a plastic bag everywhere you take it? Get a cat... it goes out on its own and poops in the neighbours roses and then comes back home... simples!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps the neighbour should post your cats crap through your letterbox.

Why? A cat is a cat... You try following one when it jumps over fences.... I can't be there with it all the time if it is out in the middle of the night. It is just doing what cats do. Dogs however are taken out on a lead and so are in control of the owner.... mine is really too old now at 20 to go wandering so it has a litter tray.... sleeps most of the day, goes out for a wander, comes back in and has a dump in the cat litter.... less effort :)

No need to follow it and collect it if your neighbour is kind enough to return your filth to you.  I just hope that none of the cat owners neighbours are pregnant as the toxoplasmosis carried and spread through cat crap causes miscarriage and still birth .  In people with lower immune systems such as cancer patients on chemotherapy it is also a danger.  Its not just filthy and irresponsible, its dangerous.

As cute as some of the cats are near us I'm sick to death of them using my front garden flower bed as a toilet :(  They're quite tidy though and make little holes to 'deposit' their poops in only for me to find them when I'm weeding.  YEUCH !!

I've tried putting cat deterrent, orange peel and other so called cat repellents down but none work but have found a solution though but not an ideal one....if I don't weed and loosen the soil they don't use it as much.  Ho hum.......

Dizzy. I keep all the brambles I pull out at the allotment and cut them into small pieces and bury them just below the surface in my borders, the cats don't seem to like it .  Its not as cruel as putting chilli powder down as some do.  I like cats but hate their crap.

That's a good idea PJ although knowing me I'd forget then finish up with bramble thorns stuck in my finger every time I weed too, can't remember the last time I had a tetanus either so probably not a good idea for me :lol: 

Don't the cutting take root ? 

As cute as some of the cats are near us I'm sick to death of them using my front garden flower bed as a toilet :(  They're quite tidy though and make little holes to 'deposit' their poops in only for me to find them when I'm weeding.  YEUCH !!

I've tried putting cat deterrent, orange peel and other so called cat repellents down but none work but have found a solution though but not an ideal one....if I don't weed and loosen the soil they don't use it as much.  Ho hum.......

One of the things I know is recommended is lion poo. If that doesn't work, get a lion. 

Oh well - at least I have managed to start an engaging topic on the forum - may be I should start one one pot holes?

Watch this space :wink:

Have you ever considered taking a picture of a councillor standing next to a pothole and pointing at it? That might be something new :)

One of the things I know is recommended is lion poo. If that doesn't work, get a lion. 

I thought you were joking until I googled and found it for sale, well pellets soaked in lion dunk anyway.  Shame I didn't know when I went to Chester Zoo the other week...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002B7OT2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0002B7OT2&linkCode=as2&tag=scaredycat-21&linkId=ZXMBHRCRMVQD42NY

Oh well - at least I have managed to start an engaging topic on the forum - may be I should start one one pot holes?

Watch this space :wink:

Have you ever considered taking a picture of a councillor standing next to a pothole and pointing at it? That might be something new :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just can't read and take pothole news seriously when I see councilors posing and pointing at them especially with their 'concerned and angry' photo shoot expressions too :lol:

Coming up to election time now though so I guess we will see more and more of them.  

I'll vote for whoever fills one with dog poop by hand and supplies a photo, or takes a selfie, of them actually doing it for Gary's new page :lol: