When was the last time you felt really happy!.

algy

A light hearted topic so please don't drag it down into the gutter!.

Can you remember the last time you were really happy, I dont mean momentarily happy or being amused by a comedian telling a joke, but really gut wrenchingly unconditionally and so happy that it perhaps lasted all day or even longer, and what was the reason or occasion (if there was one).

The day AC/DC tickets went on sale and I successfully got some despite them selling out Wembley in less than an hour.

I am still giddy at the thought of seeing the greatest hard rock band of all time on probably their final tour.

They have endured a life time - not bad for one of the rock bands my dad told me I was wasting my money on as a teenager :lol::mrgreen:

The day AC/DC tickets went on sale and I successfully got some despite them selling out Wembley in less than an hour.

I am still giddy at the thought of seeing the greatest hard rock band of all time on probably their final tour.

They have endured a life time - not bad for one of the rock bands my dad told me I was wasting my money on as a teenager :lol::mrgreen:

Don't you think that AC/DC are a bit like Triggers brush in Only Fools & Horses.... Trigger said he'd had the same brush for over 20 years... and it's only had 14 new handles and 17 new heads...AC/DC are a 5 piece group with 15 former members and only one of the original brothers left.....

It's like that Queen line-up.... the drummer and the guitarist are all that's left; the power of Freddie Mercury long gone and some "great pretender" trying to imitate what is un-imitateable :)

They will never be Queen and have never been since Freddie died

I'm happy that tomorrow evening I will be photographing a musical hero of mine, Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel fame.  The times I was most happy in my life are private I'm afraid and describing them may get me banned lol

That sounds like a great gig.... If only I was going too :) :)

Don't you think that AC/DC are a bit like Triggers brush in Only Fools & Horses.... Trigger said he'd had the same brush for over 20 years... and it's only had 14 new handles and 17 new heads...AC/DC are a 5 piece group with 15 former members and only one of the original brothers left.....

It's like that Queen line-up.... the drummer and the guitarist are all that's left; the power of Freddie Mercury long gone and some "great pretender" trying to imitate what is un-imitateable :)

They will never be Queen and have never been since Freddie died

The only band that has successfully replaced their front man and gone on to be more successful.

I don't think Sid Barratt could be said to be the main front man of the group in the same way as Bon Scott being lead vocalist of AC/DC.

Yes he was a big part of the band and many would say the main influence in the early days - but the vocals were shared out.