But how do they get here?

observer

A "suspected" Somali terrorist escapes surveillance by coming out of a mosque wearing a burqa. Aside from giving a context to the burqa and the security debate; how did this person get into the UK in the first place? And if sufficient evidence exists to "suspect" his activities, why wasn't he deported?

But that's the problem Bill, they just aren't stopping them "getting back in".  A confusing picture, but according to tonight's news, the HO was trying to stop him "getting out" and joining Al Shabah in Somalia.  We should be offering them free flights out there, then take them out with drones, might work out cheaper in the long run.

Well when something like this comes up I reckon the vast majority of the people would see it much the same way as Observer does. Personally I'd go a step further and deport all the blokes relatives with him and that way they might think twice about getting involved in terrorism. 

Bill :)

I agree with Obs and Bill although the authorities in charge clearly think it is better to be able to monitor the goings on and movements of suspects on our own turf rather than by sending them back to where ever them came from or support (if they weren't born over here of course) to carry on with whatever they are upto. 

Not good that one can just slip the net simply by changing clothing though that's for sure !!

LT K ... surely you can't seriously agree with everything that goes on just because Obs doesn't ??

Anyway I try to stay away from posting on these sorts of topics now as they always go the same way......

But he is not the first to pull this disappearing act. There was another identical case a while back. You would think that "lessons" would have been learnt from that but obviously not.

The statement that amused me is that "he is not a threat to the public". er now a terrorist, I would think, is a threat to the public by defining him as a terrorist, even a suspected terrorist labels him as a threat.

If he is not a threat why did they issue the statement that "if seen do not approach but to call 999 immediately ", Sounds like he is a threat to me.

but hey what do I know I am not a politician.

The really really worrying thing is that the authorities knew he had been to terrorist training camps, they knew he was a terrorist sympathiser, they knew and suspected he had planned and supported terrorist incidents abroad..... and yet they let him wander about the streets over here....

The bloody mind boggles!

I mean; during WW2, we had camps set up that were used to contain entire German families that were living over here just in case they had Nazi sympathies....... these days because of the need to pander to the Huuman Rites mob, we cannot lock someone up even if the ones in charge know the suspect has terror links..... It is pure madness. And when one of these lunatics on a tag wanders into Boots or into a railway station or airport and starts killing people we will get the usual "lessons will be learned" response

• Upvote 1

The really really worrying thing is that the authorities knew he had been to terrorist training camps, they knew he was a terrorist sympathiser, they knew and suspected he had planned and supported terrorist incidents abroad..... and yet they let him wander about the streets over here....

The bloody mind boggles!

I mean; during WW2, we had camps set up that were used to contain entire German families that were living over here just in case they had Nazi sympathies....... these days because of the need to pander to the Huuman Rites mob, we cannot lock someone up even if the ones in charge know the suspect has terror links..... It is pure madness. And when one of these lunatics on a tag wanders into Boots or into a railway station or airport and starts killing people we will get the usual "lessons will be learned" response

Bazj your 100% right and all this PC and Human tights crap,well as far as i am concerned anyone who visits terrorist training camps or are Terrorist sympathizer lose their Human rights..

Personally they should be interned indefinitely or deported without trial or chance of appeal.. 

anyone entering the UK illegally should be deported end of story no appeals nothing.. no not racist but they shouldn't be here in the first place..

• Upvote 1

Don't care; Anywhere but here would be a start.... if they have yearnings to be among terrorists; send them to Afghanistan as IED detectors.... we just don't need or want them here

If they were born here then they should be permanently interred in some remote location away from decent people

If he is of known Somali origin, deport him back to Somalia. If he was born here from first generation immigrants, ship the whole family back - sorted. But in order to do that, we'll have to escape the EU and the ECHR, stop funding legal aid for their HR appeals and just deport them asap. They are taking the p%*% - the latest being a failed asylum seeker (who is being deported in 12 months time) who has won a court case against a local Council for £10,000 to fund a course of flying lessons.

Your not listening Obs, to deport someone you have to have the cooperation of the Country you are trying to deport him to, no cooperation no deportation. Or you have to prove they came from that Country, that is why illegal immigrants destroy their papers so you can't prove where they came from, so you can't deport them.

Your not listening Obs, to deport someone you have to have the cooperation of the Country you are trying to deport him to, no cooperation no deportation. Or you have to prove they came from that Country, that is why illegal immigrants destroy their papers so you can't prove where they came from, so you can't deport them.

So in the case where it is known where they came from doesn't that in itself say enough LT ?  If the other countries wont allow them back then there must be a reason !!  So in the mean time we just get stuck with them, to watch over, to monitor and at our cost.

Yes they do Obs, they are struggling to deport many thousands of South Americans but can't because of reasons stated.

Dizzy if Country of origin can be proven deportations happen, it's the many cases where nationality can't be proven that is the problem and it's the reason why illegals destroy all their papers, so they can't be sent back.

They could be returned in the same fashion they arrived - in an HGV. Or, dropped from an RAF transport, some would say "without a parachute" ! Our involvement with the EU and the ECHR ties us up in rules, which only we seem to apply to the letter. Then there's prevention, we could assign overseas aid on the basis of how many migrants are caught by Countries along the migration routes. Also, instead of taking "rescued" migrants to Lampadusa, they should be returned to a Tunisian beach and off loaded - sorted.

Why do you always resort to FARCE when it is pointed out to you why your ridicules ideas will not work Obs.

And as to your point about Countries stopping them on known migration routes, lots of those Countries have been asking for more money to help, and it has been falling on deaf ears, you are wanting other Countries to Police our borders for us. 

We had a problem with illegal immigration Obs long before the ECHR, but you seem to have conviently forgotten that, before the act we could not drop them off without a parachute and we still cannot with the act, so without going into farce mode as you do when it is pointed out your ideas will not work, try to come up with some that will