But how do they get here?

observer

There are 20 different sections on this forum. One just dedicated to a rugby team and another just dedicated to a football team. No doubt the conversations on there tend to be about rugby and football. Why doesn't someone go and post in there about how boring the subjects are?

Like it or not; Europe and immigration are quite a hot topic when it comes to politics; and that is generally where posts of that nature are made. Certain people are quick to criticise but rarely start a thread or comment constructively; favouring instead to avoid providing their own ideas and railroad those with an opinion.

As you may all know, I detest Europe and the very concept of it and I will continue to post that way because that is my right. Just as it is Kijes right to post how much he loves it. I don't go into the football and rugby sections and post some vitriolic nonsense about how crap rugby and football are (even though they are) so if you ain't got anything constructive to contribute, either don't bother or post something in line with the content of the thread or better still; start one of your own so we can all but in and say how boring it is :)

• Upvote 1

There are 20 different sections on this forum. One just dedicated to a rugby team and another just dedicated to a football team. No doubt the conversations on there tend to be about rugby and football. Why doesn't someone go and post in there about how boring the subjects are?

Like it or not; Europe and immigration are quite a hot topic when it comes to politics; and that is generally where posts of that nature are made. Certain people are quick to criticise but rarely start a thread or comment constructively; favouring instead to avoid providing their own ideas and railroad those with an opinion.

As you may all know, I detest Europe and the very concept of it and I will continue to post that way because that is my right. Just as it is Kijes right to post how much he loves it. I don't go into the football and rugby sections and post some vitriolic nonsense about how crap rugby and football are (even though they are) so if you ain't got anything constructive to contribute, either don't bother or post something in line with the content of the thread or better still; start one of your own so we can all but in and say how boring it is :)

Now Baz that would be wonderful if only it were true.  You Eurobores hijack many non EU/ immigration threads and you have also been known to post in the sports sections and other topics with non constructive efforts.  Its not as hot a topic as three posters seem to think.  Sometimes it seems to me like the whole place is infected and it MUST deter people from becoming contributors as well as sicken some old school posters enough to make them leave. Now Im  off to the sports section to prove you wrong lol

Items appear on the news at regular intervals nowadays, folk pursuing HR  compen claims against the UK Gov, evading surveillance by the security services; running down a young girl, being without tax or insurance or leave to be in this country, then appealing to the ECHR to stay in Britain - all related to the EU, HCHR and immigration. Clearly taking the p*&$, now some may want to bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening, whilst others find it intolerable and are prepared to say so.

OK.....

From now until the end of the month I am not going to post after today.... if Obs and Kije do the same; lets see if there is a sudden flood of new people wanting to make comments in the political sections of the forum.... if there is; PJ will be proved right, if not, the forum will just die on its arse without the regular EU banter

Who's with me?

OK.....

From now until the end of the month I am not going to post after today.... if Obs and Kije do the same; lets see if there is a sudden flood of new people wanting to make comments in the political sections of the forum.... if there is; PJ will be proved right, if not, the forum will just die on its arse without the regular EU banter

Who's with me?

The forum is already dead on its arse mate. Your experiment though is flawed in its logic. If you will allow me an analogy, imagine you are a chemical manufacturer and I am from the environment agency. I pitch up at your plant and ask you to stop pumping pollution into the pond as it has killed all the wildlife. You say ok I will stop for a month but if the pond is not teeming with new life after this period of not polluting it is obviously not my bilge that has killed everything off.

I have no issue with politics in the politics section but the subject seems to permeate and derail many other topics.

Perhaps a month off May do you good perhaps not but I doubt you can do it