Got your Gas and Electric Bills Yet :(

Dizzy

Dizzy, I have just been on the Utility Warehouse site. As you say, they have a straight forward pricing policy. They do, however have 3 rates (high user, normal user, low user) . For the normal user the price for gas is 3.404 pence per kWh plus a monthly Standing Charge of ?2.00. Electricity is 11.30 pence per kWh plus a monthly Standing Charge of ?3.00.

Using the previous usage of 4000 gas and 1000 electric, the total cost is ?276.87. E.on is still the cheapest.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching you Wolfie :P

Victor.... did you include vat in your other calculations, I don't think you did but there is no need to obviously.

Anway....they said we would be classed as 'high' users :shock: which shocked me (best not tell my other half or I will be plunged into darkenss again... LIGHTS OFF EVERYONE :lol: )

The price I was given for gas was 3.263p per kwh plus monthy standing charge of ?3

The price for elec was 11.053p per kwh with a monthly standing charge of ?4

So 'high users' are charged less per kwh than 'low users'... although I wonder what happens during the summer months when my gas would hardly be used... would my rate change to the higher 'low user' tariff (if you see what I mean) Never thought to ask that.

Anyway I think I worked it wout to be around ?262.09 per 1/4 so yes cheaper than the standard BG and Scot P but not as cheap as EON who are about to put their prices up :lol:

Swings and roundabouts eh :lol:

Ooooh I forgot to mention that the UW bills are reduced if you have one of their 'cash back card' thingies.

You put money on it then use it to pay for things in various shops that are part of the scheme and you get between 3% and 5% of your purchase price knocked of your montly UW bill.

That sounds quite a good idea if you are a shopaholic :D

You pay ?9.99 for the card and then ?1 a month (after 6 months) plus 35p everytime you top it up.

So Victor.... try and work that one out... the participating shops are on their website but you'll have to guess how much I could spend in the various shops over 3 months :P:lol::lol::wink:

Ooooh I forgot to mention that the UW bills are reduced if you have one of their 'cash back card' thingies.

You put money on it then use it to pay for things in various shops that are part of the scheme and you get between 3% and 5% of your purchase price knocked of your montly UW bill.

That sounds quite a good idea if you are a shopaholic :D

You pay ?9.99 for the card and then ?1 a month (after 6 months) plus 35p everytime you top it up.

So Victor.... try and work that one out... the participating shops are on their website but you'll have to guess how much I could spend in the various shops over 3 months :P:lol::lol::wink:

Dizzy - if you don't sign up soon I won't be able to afford to keep this forum running without the huge commissions I will make from you.

This topic alone has sent the website bandwidth through the roof! :lol:

Dizzy - if you don't sign up soon I won't be able to afford to keep this forum running without the huge commissions I will make from you.

This topic alone has sent the website bandwidth through the roof! :lol:

:lol::lol: In which case I think you should be paying ME commission Gary :P

Yes, I have included VAT @ 5%.

Dizzy, just a thought, would you like me to calculate how much electricity you would save if you didn't post on this forum ?????

However, you would have to tell me how many hours a day your little pinkies are tapping the keyboard.

Dizzy looks over her shoulder to check 'the other half' isn't reading.....

Go on then victor :lol::wink:

My PC (and all-in-one printer, router and monitor) are on for an average of approx 12 hours a day when I am 'working' from home.

When not actually being used my monitor goes into 'standby' as does my printer.

Obviously though I am doing other things when my pinkies are tapping the keyboard and it is not just forum posting as I multi-task (something that you may have to google the meaning for :lol: )

VICTOR GOT IT WRONG :D:D:D

Victor... you forgot to take into account my internet charges.

Internet charge ?25 a month

times that by 12 months = ?300

divide by 365 days = ?0.82 a day

THEREFORE it is actually costing me

?0.82 internet + ?0.35 elec usage = TOTAL ?1.17 per day :P

Other half is out so he wont see this :wink:

Anyway we are probably really boring people now... :lol: my next topic of discussion will soon be about comparing car insurance and home insurance.. both are up for renewal :lol:

Oh bl**dy h*ll and sh**te :shock:

Now I'm going to look really stupid and I was convinced I had caught you out :oops::?

Yep YOU are RIGHT...I am completey wrong and I got carried away in a moment of giddy madness. :lol:

Shall we start calling you VictorY :P

But I'm multi-tasking.... why wont anyone believe me :cry::lol:

If I didn't post for a week you would all miss me... ok so maybe a month... or maybe a year... please someone :shock::cry::lol:

Of course we would miss you. :D But the calculation should be a %age as you use the PC for other things. :wink:

VICTOR GOT IT WRONG :D:D:D

Victor... you forgot to take into account my internet charges.

Internet charge ?25 a month

:

?25 a month!!! I'm only paying ?19.95 unlimited downloads (within reason) and I get all my phone calls FREE - and the cheapest gas and electricity plus cash back off your one simple monthly bill- which ASDA have now also signed up to with many other high street retailers.

Not bad for such a disreputable company hey :lol: (Oh and being an agent I also get paid everytime I switch the lights on as well!) :twisted: