Got your Gas and Electric Bills Yet :(

Dizzy

I've just opened ours which came through the letterbox at the same time. OUCH :evil:

Robbing 'barstools' put their prices up on 10 Dec but didn't tell us :evil:

So heating is now off and I'm sat in darkeness to save some money !! (ok so lights are still on really ) We only have radiators and water on Gas ... thank goodness we don't have gas fires or gas cooker :shock:

I know the winter months are always more expensive but to put prices up on 10th Dec and bill people striaght after new year is going lower than the low.

Not to mention if we don't pay both ontime (ie in the next week) they now have a policy of notifying the credit agencies so a 'black mark' on your credit rating. :twisted:

Thank you British Gas... and up-yours.....Bye Bye :twisted::roll:

If anyone dares mention the elec consumption of my PC I will cyber thump them :lol::P

Anyone want to share their suppliers tariff charge details as I just googled and none seem willing to show their rates... obviously it's hard to show the 'incentive introductory' rates without them knowing what we are all ready paying :roll:

Mine after the suprise increase is NOW

Gas..... first units 6.991p per kwh

............ second units 3.204p per kwh

Elec.... first units 22.579p

........... next unts 10.552p

How does that compare with yours.. 'Forum Meerkats' :lol::wink:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just opened ours which came through the letterbox at the same time. OUCH :evil:

Robbing 'barstools' put their prices up on 10 Dec but didn't tell us :evil:

So heating is now off and I'm sat in darkeness to save some money !! (ok so lights are still on really ) We only have radiators and water on Gas ... thank goodness we don't have gas fires or gas cooker :shock:

I know the winter months are always more expensive but to put prices up on 10th Dec and bill people striaght after new year is going lower than the low.

Not to mention if we don't pay both ontime (ie in the next week) they now have a policy of notifying the credit agencies so a 'black mark' on your credit rating. :twisted:

Thank you British Gas... and up-yours.....Bye Bye :twisted::roll:

If anyone dares mention the elec consumption of my PC I will cyber thump them :lol::P

Anyone want to share their suppliers tariff charge details as I just googled and none seem willing to show their rates... obviously it's hard to show the 'incentive introductory' rates without them knowing what we are all ready paying :roll:

Mine after the suprise increase is NOW

Gas..... first units 6.991p per kwh

............ second units 3.204p per kwh

Elec.... first units 22.579p

........... next unts 10.552p

How does that compare with yours.. 'Forum Meerkats' :lol::wink:

Well to be honest Dizzy any one who is still with any of the BIG SIX has little sympathy from me as I have been telling everyone on here for years now that if you want to have a price which guarantees to be cheaper than any of the BIG SIX CLICK HERE

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/home/index.taf?exref=605676

No sympathy from you Gary.. well there's a suprise :lol:

They are on my list of people to ring.. although I don't fancy spending all day ringing suppliers and listening to all the twaddle I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEIR TARRIF RATES CHARGES ARE.

What do you pay with UU then or are you not saying :cry:

I just looked on their site and they can save me ?15 on elec and ? 48 on gas (per year). Sadly I can't change my mobiles, landline or broadband to them though as there were much bigger savings to be made there apparently.

How do they afford to be cheaper if they pay you commission every month for what I will use and for getting me to sign up.. interesting video :lol:

They all operate the same, they dangle the carrot promise a substantial saving against what you are paying with your present supplier then either later or in twelve months time increase your payments, then you have to start the process of searching for better rates again exactly the same as the motor & household companies work :roll:

Its our own faults really Algy as we switched to BG years ago and were on a low tariff for 18 months but then got put on their standard one and never did anything about it :oops:

Just been on the 'meerkat' site and 'money supermarket' you just put in your average kwh usage or spend (I calculated my average for both over 4 quarters) and it gives all the suppliers and how much you can save or on dome case pay more.

Pretty good sites actually as they show all the details of the actual pence per kwh charges/standing order charges/ etc for each supplier and tariff with the returned results.

One of the ones I can save most with is British Gas Online Saver with Energy Smart... firgure that one out :shock::lol:

I shall be giving them a 'were leaving you' phone call and see what they will do to make me stay :lol:

I will ring your suggested supplier too Gary :wink::D as they don't appear on comparrison websites so I can't compare from the comfort of my pc :cry::lol: Lazy I know :oops::lol:

Utility Warehouses prices are included in all the main comparison sites therefore if the company turns out to be cheapest for you it should be listed by the comparison sites, if it isn't then it won't. Simples.

As Dizzy has already found - you are wrong - Utility warehouse do not make any commission payments to comparison websites.

Thye make their savings on network marketing :wink:

If you want a personal visit Dizzy I can arrange our local line manager to come and sort things out and ensure you are getting the best possible deal.

Eventually you can migrate all your services to the one supplier and save even more - you can even get a saver card which saves you money on your shopping - which they knock off your bill!

I saved my next door neighbour nearly ?1k a year! :D

Why would anyone want to do that? It only took me 10 minutes to compare the whole years usage for both Obs.

You wont be too concerned though as you get your winter fuel allowance... yours must be the ?400 payment eh Obs :P:lol:

Did you know that people living in the Ilford Park Polish Resettlement Home are entitled to a ?125 payment or ?200 if they are over ?80 (as long as they aren't claiming Pension Credit, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income related Employment and Support Allowance)

Anyway I seem to have digresses slightly... so back to gas / elec tariff rates :wink:

Utility Warehouses prices are included in all the main comparison sites therefore if the company turns out to be cheapest for you it should be listed by the comparison sites, if it isn't then it won't. Simples.

As Dizzy has already found - you are wrong - Utility warehouse do not make any commission payments to comparison websites.

Try this energy comparison site http://www.energychoices.co.uk/?partner=40944

I think you will see the Utility Warehouse site is included. :wink:

If you want a personal visit Dizzy I can arrange our local line manager to come and sort things out and ensure you are getting the best possible deal.

Eventually you can migrate all your services to the one supplier and save even more - you can even get a saver card which saves you money on your shopping - which they knock off your bill!

I'll give them a ring as I have a policy of not allowing sales people into my home incase the dog bites them when they overstay their welcome :wink::lol:

I do not want to migrate ALL my services to the one supplier though :shock::shock: Blummin heck that could be bad if I forgot to pay.. my whole life could be cut off at the press of a button :lol:

Try this energy comparison site http://www.energychoices.co.uk/?partner=40944

I think you will see the Utility Warehouse site is included. :wink:

Where :? They don't show up whe I use the site :oops:

I could have phoned them by now if you hadn't sent me on that wild goose chace Wolfie :lol::P

Diz - under the title compare All UK Energy Suppliers you will see the Utility Warehouse advertised (picture) If they don't come up on your comparison then they are either not the cheapest or they don't supply in your area. For your area they may show up as Telecom Plus

Diz - under the title compare All UK Energy Suppliers you will see the Utility Warehouse advertised (picture) If they don't come up on your comparison then they are either not the cheapest or they don't supply in your area. For your area they may show up as Telecom Plus

Like I have said Utility warehouse don't pay to be on comparison sites - if they have links they are just for their own marketing purposes to make it appear they get prices from all providers.

I'll give them a ring as I have a policy of not allowing sales people into my home incase the dog bites them when they overstay their welcome :wink::lol:

I do not want to migrate ALL my services to the one supplier though :shock::shock: Blummin heck that could be bad if I forgot to pay.. my whole life could be cut off at the press of a button :lol:

Not a sale person - just someone to make sure you get the best deal - if they can't give you the best deal they walk away - and this person is a friend of mine so you are in safe hands! :wink:

Like I have said Utility warehouse don't pay to be on comparison sites - if they have links they are just for their own marketing purposes to make it appear they get prices from all providers.

Strange, because to test it out I tried a comparison and sure enough 'The Utility Warehouse' came out 7th in the list. :?:?:roll:

Try the link I gave you it's quicker. :wink:

I tried it and like I have already said UW didn't show up... I even upped my usage incase they weren't showing because of that and they still didn't show up.........how many more times do you want me to try it :? I'm getting grumpy now can you tell :oops::lol:

post edited.. sorry Wolfie I only noticed your post from 2:39 pm after I had typed the above reply to you

No probs.

As an addition

Contrary to popular belief, Utility Warehouse and the smaller suppliers are included in the results of energy-comparison tools, including lovemoney.com's tool, provided it supplies your area.

The price you'll get through our comparison tool for any supplier, Utility Warehouse or otherwise, is the same (or sometimes cheaper!) than you'll get by going direct. The additional benefit is that, if you have a problem with your energy supplier, our energy-comparison tool provider, Xelector, can often help you resolve it.

http://energy.lovemoney.com/