Who is surprised.

Evil Sid

Well that's ridiculous. If they were seen breaking down the barrier and clearly they did in order to get through it then it should be and open and shut case for the police. I can absolutely understand the vast majority of people won't want to get involved for fear of comebacks but this fact shouldn't prevent the police from taking action.

Bill :)

Perhaps the Police are reluctant to arrest and prosecute the culprits, in case they are accused of being racist...

Well, that may be true but they're saying they haven't got enough evidence, and I might agree with Bill's opinion on that. Fear of being accused of racism isn't the first thing that came to my mind though over the perceived reluctance.

Is this the gate?

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/13799809.No_reported_incidents_over_unlawful_travellers__encampments_to_council_in_six_weeks/?ref=mr&lp=15

I really can't see how the council providing a costly but 'official' transit site for travellers will make any difference for situations like this.

Yes some might go there instead but what if they don't want to pay or it is full?  Some will just do the same as they always do and just turn up and stop over for a night/week/whatever and wherever they like until they are forced to move on.  They know they wont get in any trouble as lets face it they just get told to move and end of story with no comeback or even a fine to cover costs of repair or cleanup.

If anyone else had intentionally cut through a lock or breached the gate to gain entry and put a caravan there they would have been arrested and charged.

If travellers can do it with no comeback at all then surely that is also a form of discrimination. They and their special lawyers always say they deserve to be treated just like everyone else but we all know that is not true... they get away with everything from breaking and entering onto land (council and private),  fly tipping in fact the lot.  It's not fair and we are the ones being discriminated against not them as we can't do it !!

• Upvote 2

Problem is proving that it was not already cut off when they got there. A case of Guilty, definitely guilty but we have no proof of guilt so can't act. Had the police response been quicker then maybe they could have caught them in the act as i believe somebody called the police as soon as the travellers turne dup but by the time they got there it was too late to prove that they had cut the lock off.

Problem is proving that it was not already cut off when they got there. A case of Guilty, definitely guilty but we have no proof of guilt so can't act. Had the police response been quicker then maybe they could have caught them in the act as i believe somebody called the police as soon as the travellers turne dup but by the time they got there it was too late to prove that they had cut the lock off.

I was at a place one time where they got on to a disused site next door by removing a couple of sections of concrete fence and building their own entrance with hardcore and a mini digger.

"Not us Mister."

They were a rum bunch, it was like being in Fort Apache for the next month.