Last Home Game - Saturday 6th 3pm

AdrianR

Town lost 3-0 and it could have been a lot more,

Town showed more passion in arguing with themselves than the did against the opposition, I mean how can you concede 3 goals in pretty much exactly the same manner and seemingly not learning from there mistakes. I mean the first goal the had not one but two free runners and either could have scored it was that badly defended.

The second goal came from a cross and guess what yep a free runner heads it in at the back post.

And the third goal was very similar ball whipped in the box and in it goes again without a town player in sight.

Ramsbottom were by far the better side and at times I think they didn't really need to get out a of second gear to beat us

Our centre half was a prat acting a tough guy on a guy half his size for no apparent reason.

At times this season our lack of discipline has been apparent to see, I am not sure how many red cards we have had this year but it cannot be far off double figures. How are teams meant to win anything with always having less players on the pitch than the opposition.

Anyway things are better this season and o well there is always next year :P

Dire. A lack of passion, no desire or pride. What is wrong with these guys? Failure to reach the play-offs, doesn't mean you give up.

If they just play for the money, they need to go elsewhere. IF they have any pride, start showing it. 70% of the team didn't turn up today. LAST home game on a beautiful sunny day, the fans deserve better. they have to pay to watch it. Don't know how they had the nerve to take the money.

• Upvote 1

Dire. A lack of passion, no desire or pride. What is wrong with these guys? Failure to reach the play-offs, doesn't mean you give up.

If they just play for the money, they need to go elsewhere. IF they have any pride, start showing it. 70% of the team didn't turn up today. LAST home game on a beautiful sunny day, the fans deserve better. they have to pay to watch it. Don't know how they had the nerve to take the money.

Pity you and Nigel fail to mention the keeper had a nightmare and we conceded from near enough 3 set pieces so that needs to be the learning. I'm sure the people responsible for bringing players in will look at the left back slot and the keeper (as he's on loan)

Also lets have a mention for how good a side Ramsbottom actually are, they had quick players out wide who were skillfull ( we don't)  and their pace battered our full backs (again). Its to easy to say they are just turning up for the money on the back of a home defeat.

As Burgerman said thinks are looking better so next season will be interesting.

I asked the matchday sec yesterday about the card count and he said its far less than last year.

• Downvote 1

The Neesk. Not denying how good Ramsbottom were. We were torn apart by their wide players at there place and plainly didn't learn from it.

It's not the losing that I have a problem with, but the manner in which they lose. ie, where has the attitude that  earned a hard fought draw at Skem gone to? 

How many times did they win the ball only to give it away?

Ironic that you mention the left back. He's is the "Supporters" player of the year who has made umpteen errors this season. Surprised they didn't play Kinsey.

As for the goalie, is he better or worse than Robbo? Is there such a thing as a perfect goalie at this level.

I personally feel that the team in its first season has done fairly well. Just stupid errors that have made the difference between winning and losing. If it hadn't been for those silly results we would have been in the play-offs, BUT I want to see more Passion and Pride to convince me that these are the players we want/need.

• Upvote 1

Lack of passion and desire by 70% of the players. Never there for the 2nd ball, and that's not just against Ramsbottom, but most teams we play.

Phil Dorran justly deserves the fans player of the year award in my opinion. May make the odd mistake but puts in 110% every match.

Ian

From what I have seen and heard Warrington Town have better players than before but they struggle to play as a team.

The league table doesn't lie so in reality there has been little or no progress with better players - and probably a decent budget.

The buck stops with the manager.

Back to the drawing board for Warrington Town - again.

Collectively it was awful yesterday,individual mistakes and a lack of passion. This year was our big chance to get out of this league.Last year Fylde  and Witton were much better than anything,Skem included,this season.What happens next season? I suspect that Darlington will be runaway winners of the North Division,they will probably do a Chester for the next two or three years. Our best hope would be in a weaker South Division where we could end up if Darlington,either Scarborough or  Bridlington or Brighouse,and Bootle get promoted,and Northwich Vics come into the North if they play at Flixton.

• Upvote 1

Wow, did'nt know Doran had won it and i'm suprised that's been announced with a month of the season left, what happens if the board/manager decide to make budget cuts and he's one of the unlucky ones?

I voted for Phil Davies purely due to his consistency, Doran's mistakes in games have lead to to many conceded goals - Skem, Lairds, New Mills, and two others i can't pin the teams to. I'd be suprised if any of the defenders bar Davies and Mcarten were retained.

I find it strange Phil Davies has been dropped for recent games the young lad has been great at home this year.

The team were poor last night but what worries me is the form of our captain. I mean Dogan had been awful for a few weeks now, I personally don't think he is fit and is coasting through games but I may be wrong.

I will be watching the last four games with interest to see how they perform if they roll over like they did today then I suggest we play the youth team. to give them some first team experience and to keep the costs down.

Youth team are still in the shout for the league and in the final of the league cup... Facing 2 games a week and a few injuries picked up at the weekend (4-0 win :) )

Give them some support, and give them even some hope of progression to first team, so far you have a better chance to play for Warrington if you play anywhere but the youth team!

Youth team are still in the shout for the league and in the final of the league cup... Facing 2 games a week and a few injuries picked up at the weekend (4-0 win :) ) Give them some support, and give them even some hope of progression to first team, so far you have a better chance to play for Warrington if you play anywhere but the youth team!

Looks to me Vogon that you could be a youth player. I take it you've aired this grievance with your manager or Shaun Reid or maybe even Toby, he seems to control all things football.

Looks to me Vogon that you could be a youth player. I take it you've aired this grievance with your manager or Shaun Reid or maybe even Toby, he seems to control all things football.

Sadly my playing days are well past me, and I never could play at the level of the current youth team... but i admit an interest, but am not close enough to know whether the team or management feel this as an issue or if anything has been said about it.

Just my observation that the first team seem to have brought in players from far and wide and given them a chance, but few youth players have made the bench let alone got on the pitch.  In a few weeks all those in the youth team that have turned 18 won't be eligible for the youth team next year and presumably will be looking for other clubs... how seriously does Warrington want to retain any of these players, if they don't then why have a youth team at all?

Incidentally, I do understand that not everyone in the youth team would/could make the grade in the first team, and that there is no automatic progression from a youth team into a clubs "senior" team...  just look at the academy structures to see that, maybe only 1 or two players progress from scholarship to first team, and even then usually by way of reserves squads, but they do have a mechanism to spot and retain the few with potential.