Remember these ?

Dizzy

I used to have a six million dollar man doll.... used to look through the back of his head to see thru the bionic eye!! Pure Quality!

My brother had one of those too Baz.  I wonder if it's still in my dads loft as he keeps moaning that some of our toys are still up there.

Was there an action man that you could do that with too ? 

One Xmas just after the war, I got a wooden stool, my dad made, a donald duck jigsaw and in the sock hung at the bottom of my bed, an orange some toffee's, nuts and that was it, never did get a meccano set, I don't suppose other working class kids did much better though as there wasn't much about in the way of toys and our parents had enough to do in feeding and clothing us.

I had Meccano too.... but it was an old set with the red and green parts that my older cousin Alan gave me.... I had to wait until I was 12 to get my first train set!!! (I have an 11 year old lad who is 12 this June.... I could imagine his reaction to a train set!!!)

I had Meccano too.... but it was an old set with the red and green parts that my older cousin Alan gave me.... I had to wait until I was 12 to get my first train set!!! (I have an 11 year old lad who is 12 this June.... I could imagine his reaction to a train set!!!)

When I was little, I asked Santa for a train set.

On Christmas morning I excitedly opened my stocking .........and ............................ found just  a note.

"Sorry young Nicholas I was going to give you a train set but that naughty Doctor Beeching stamped on it

Love Santa"

(No , not really)

One Xmas just after the war, I got a wooden stool, my dad made, a donald duck jigsaw and in the sock hung at the bottom of my bed, an orange some toffee's, nuts and that was it, never did get a meccano set, I don't suppose other working class kids did much better though as there wasn't much about in the way of toys and our parents had enough to do in feeding and clothing us.

By heck Algy! You just reminded me of my mother. Every Christmas she would remind us that we didn't know how lucky we were then went on to tell us that when she was a child all she got for Christmas each year was a sixpenny doll from Woolworth's and an apple and an orange and some nuts.