By hook or by crook?

observer

Seems Abu Quatada's appeal against deportation to Jordan has been granted, and the Gov is to appeal against this decision. But I thought the Yanks had him now, and arn't likely to let him go anywhere anyway? :unsure:

Really observer, you must try to keep up dearie. It is Abu Hamza that is now languishing in a us prison not Abu Quatada. :roll:

Think you may be getting your Abu's muddled Obs :wink:

The Americans have the other bloke Abu Hamza ie the one with the hooked hands.

Abu Quatada is still over here more's the pitty :roll:

To be strictly accurate, Abu Hamza does not have hooked hands. He has no hands. He has hooks instead of hands. Just saying like. :wink::D

For 10 years we've been trying to get rid of him and still we can't.

No one wants him here, he's cost us a fortune already, he's a murderer and a terrorist for god sake and yet some stupid rulling by a stupid judge says he can stay. He'll be monitored of course (at huge expense) also be allowed out under curfew but wont even have to say where he's going. The world has gone completely mad.

Are the courts scared of ruling that he can be deported over fears that there may be repercussions to the UK by some of his radical 'mates' or something ?

Home Secretary Theresa May is blaming the European Court of Human Rights for our Government's thwarted attempt to deport him and has accused them of 'moving the goalposts' over the deportation of dangerous criminals and she has vowed to kick the hate preacher out of the UK.

Good for her and here's hoping she does !

I am sure that over the years various of our governments & their agencies have managed to arrange convenient accidents. How difficult must it be to get rid of an enemy of the state ? Either deport him or stick him in Belmarsh where he can stay for the rest of his natural.This country worries far too much about consequences ,if we made life a bit harder for these troublemakers & made it harder for them to stay they wouldn't come here in the first place !

Shoot him and give the bill for the bullet to his family and make them pay it before kicking them back to Jordan. If they were born here, recind their citizenship and stick them on a plane anyway.

Wavy is right, this country has become a HUUUUman rites paradise thanks to Kije and his mates... the government is doing the right thing blaming it all on Europe to some degree or other... it will all help the "We want to be an independant country.... get us out of here" vote!! :D

Not the ECHR but Siac, which is are own justice, but the government don't mind people thinking it the ECHR :wink:

OK so what 'rules' do the Siac use when coming to their own decisions then Lt ? ECHR ones by any chance :wink:

....and I agree with what Algy, WavyD and Baz says

OK so what 'rules' do the Siac use when coming to their own decisions then Lt ? ECHR ones by any chance :wink:

....and I agree with what Algy, WavyD and Baz says

We moan and groan and complain about our society and country, it is ours so we have the right to do so, anyone that threatens our way of life and existence, I don't want them here in our presence and I would use whatever means at my disposal to eradicate that threat, so when I said shoot him I don't say that lightly and do mean what I say!. :angry:

Nice try at a diversion Kije: the original ultimate appeal decision was made by the ECHR; which caused the UK Gov to seek assurances from the Jordanian Gov, that no evidence obtained through torture would be used against him in a Jordanian Court. It appears SIAC doesn't trust such an assurance, hence their decision. Had we reneged on the ECHR Treaty, or just (like Russia), ignored it's ruling; this person could have been quietly flown to Jordan, and would be rotting in one of their prisons by now - saving the UK tax-payer £millions. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So in your eyes Kije, it is okay to send our young soldiers all over the world to be killed and butchered in the name of protecting the country, but we don't even have the legal right to eject someone who promotes violence and hatred towards our citizens???

The upside can only be we now have yet further evidence that we MUST leave the EU. This is OUR country and we should have the absolute right to protect ourselves against these crazy radical Muslims.

Can you imagine America, China, Russia etc not either jailing them for life or chucking them out? Great Britain...not any more it's not!

thanks Lt..... have you read the report on his appeal on their website link you just posted ?

Here's the link if you haven't (and it has mention to ECHR and EHRR's etc) Can't say I've read it all or understood what I have read but I've seen enough to still convince me the man should have 'gone' by now in whatever way deemed appropriate.

http://www.siac.tribunals.gov.uk/Documents/Othman_substantive_judgment.pdf

Just out of interest LtK ... do you think it's right that he's still in the UK and that we are paying to keep him safe just because he 'may' not get a fair trial if he is deported ? Surely he gave up any rights for that years ago anyway having followed the path he did.

We might aswell have a big flag on our UK borders saying 'terrorists welcome and we will protect you blah blah blah AS LONG AS you have never committed any known crime or attrocities in the UK' :roll::evil:

Carefull Baz, such common sense could mean he'll label you a racist bigot. :wink:

Well if being proud of my country and its' history and its achievements and wanting to protect it and my family and the rest of society against scum like this crazy cleric classes me as a racist in his eyes; I won't lose any sleep over it!