Traffic

Coffee

On Wednesday last week had a 4.30 appointment in Sankey street, took me 40 minutes to get into town as the traffic was bad.

Friday, made arrangements to meet up with friends at 7pm in Stockton Heath, set off at 6 hoping to call into a shop on the way but was stuck in traffic, the roads were worse then on Wednesday. Eventually rearranged to meet up in town later.

So why is traffic so much worse in Warrington then it was just a few weeks ago?

winwick road:- roadworks

Knutsford road:- roadworks

wilderspool causeway :- roadworks

all other roads clogged with traffic trying to avoid the roadworks.

Strange how it always seems to happen in the months before christmas. maybe it is a ploy by the council to stop people going out of the area for christmas shopping. (conspiracy theory number 1178 a as set out in the conspiracy theorist guide to conspiracies) :unsure:

Some renewing of gas pipes? Isn't it wise to renew rather than let them fall into disrepair till one day BOOM! ? Just rather unfortunate that it causes some inconvenience to road users.

Correct. They are inserting 12"? plastic pipes into cast iron ones. They did the same with the water pipes a few years ago.

What I am curious about, is where do the houses get their gas from if the pipe is out of action?

Just reading the blurb that was put out some time ago by the Environmental. Knutsford Rd will be like this until next May(2013). The Loushers/Causeway junction will be a nightmare whilst they are working in that area. People avoiding that area will clog up everywhere else.

On Wednesday last week had a 4.30 appointment in Sankey street, took me 40 minutes to get into town as the traffic was bad.

Wednesday (31st) was a nightmare.

My other half left work at Birchwood at 5.30pm and couldn't even get off the works carpark as the roads were so bad. It took him just over 1 1/2 hours to get from there to Stockton Heath.

I looked on the traffic updates at the time and there was very slow traffic due to two incidents on two of the motorways near Warrington. One was at Birchwood the other at Winwick.

Every time there's a problem on the nearby motorways Warrington grinds to a complete halt as it is and all the damn road works everywhere are just making it even worse :evil:

Correct. They are inserting 12"? plastic pipes into cast iron ones. They did the same with the water pipes a few years ago.

What I am curious about, is where do the houses get their gas from if the pipe is out of action?

Just reading the blurb that was put out some time ago by the Environmental. Knutsford Rd will be like this until next May(2013). The Loushers/Causeway junction will be a nightmare whilst they are working in that area. People avoiding that area will clog up everywhere else.

There appears to be a total lack of planning and liason between the utilities. The Council could resurface a road, looks nice and neat etc; then along come the utilities and return it to a patchwork quilt. It would seem logical for the utilities to complete their programmed works first, then for the Council to complete resurfacing (assuming they still do that sort of thing?!). As for emmergency repairs, depending on their nature, why don't they complete them in the early hours or at week-ends. It seems as if they set up the road barriers, traffic lights etc, dig a hole, then dissappear for days, before completing the task. :unsure:

Some renewing of gas pipes? Isn't it wise to renew rather than let them fall into disrepair till one day BOOM! ? Just rather unfortunate that it causes some inconvenience to road users.

Put like that, Cleo, it is sensible. What Warrington residents and visitors are complaining about this time is that almost every major route into or out of town has roadworks at the same time. This has to be down to extremely bad planning by whoever gives the permission to close roads.

Related to this, but not part of your point, is that, in a lot of cases, there is very little advance notice; by that I mean that, for example, this week I drove past the entrance to the Market car park, intending to drive past Chicago Rock. I found myself outside what used to be public toilets and is now take-aways and taxi offices and blocked by barriers across the road - no signs! I had to reverse into a buses only lane to get out.

winwick road:- roadworks

Knutsford road:- roadworks

wilderspool causeway :- roadworks

all other roads clogged with traffic trying to avoid the roadworks.

Strange how it always seems to happen in the months before christmas. maybe it is a ploy by the council to stop people going out of the area for christmas shopping. (conspiracy theory number 1178 a as set out in the conspiracy theorist guide to conspiracies) :unsure:

Today's news is A50 - roadworks.

Are there any left?