Smith rings the changes for London

Gary

Abject failure. I wasn't one of the bravehearts who took the long trek to London today to suffer a total humiliation...The game was billed as a showpiece for those players on the fringe who may gain a Wembley spot if they did the business tonight. They played as if they'd only just been introduced to one another and I can't think of one individual who played well enough to gain a place on his local pub team..In my opinion the club should apologise to those who made the journey which must have cost the best part of a hundred pounds in total and make a refund if presented with ticket stubs...This rotation policy just won't work as proved at Salford and now again tonight. Is it really asking too much for full time professional players to play two games in eight days ? I think not.

Well after tonight I seriously doubt we will be seeing Solomona or Williams or Blythe in a Wires shirt again it's going to be adios amigos and the best of luck for your future careers.

But Bridge and Grix are now absolutely certain to be running out next week on Wembley's hallowed turf......albeit; as the teams water carriers :blink:

I've just read the match report on the London debacle on the club's website and to read it you'd have thought we had been thrashed by the Australian national side despite Wire having *stars* from 1 to 17. The last fixture of the league season for Wire will be at Widnes who bashed Hull FC yesterday..If the rotation policy is applied in this fixture then I can see them doing the 50 against us...It will be the first Widnes v Warrington fixture I'll have missed in decades but most certainly won't be attending. If you listen to it on the radio at least you can switch it off and do something less painful like sticking pins in your eyeballs...If we all stayed away perhaps the coach, the club and the RFL will get the message it's unacceptable to field weakened teams as a tactic.. I could be wrong but I think it's against the rules to field anything but your strongest team. I don't go for the excuse that it's a fixture which is meaningless in the terms of final league positions...People spend precious time and money to watch their heroes play not to gawp at them sat up in the stand.

I've just read the match report on the London debacle on the club's website and to read it you'd have thought we had been thrashed by the Australian national side despite Wire having *stars* from 1 to 17. The last fixture of the league season for Wire will be at Widnes who bashed Hull FC yesterday..If the rotation policy is applied in this fixture then I can see them doing the 50 against us...It will be the first Widnes v Warrington fixture I'll have missed in decades but most certainly won't be attending. If you listen to it on the radio at least you can switch it off and do something less painful like sticking pins in your eyeballs...If we all stayed away perhaps the coach, the club and the RFL will get the message it's unacceptable to field weakened teams as a tactic.. I could be wrong but I think it's against the rules to field anything but your strongest team. I don't go for the excuse that it's a fixture which is meaningless in the terms of final league positions...People spend precious time and money to watch their heroes play not to gawp at them sat up in the stand.

It has happened in the past and...........

http://www.guardian....league.sthelens

so why not apply the same ruling ???????????????

Perhaps we season ticket holders should also rotate our cash to the business end of the season.

Guaranteed 2nd in the league, Challenge Cup Final to come - would you not have taken that at the beginning of the Season - I know I would - even more so when we win on Saturday......

I'll be renewing my season ticket again next season.

In TS we trust :Phttp://www.freesmileys.org/smile :P