Hanging....

Bazj

With the death by hanging of yet another murder suspect, is it a hint that criminals are in favour of capital punishment!

On another note though, it is good to see that murderers and rapists are doing their bit to save the country money by topping themselves.....

While not knowing which case is being referred to, I do not feel that a suicide of someone who has not even been convicted of a crime is anything to gloat about.

I am sure that there are many innocent people who, if found themselves accused of a crime , could find themselves contemplating suicide.

I had a relative who gassed himself with exhaust fumes at the thought of having to go to court.

I had a relative murdered by someone who the courts didn't see fit to jail for long enough for his previous crimes Nick.

I gloat because I know what the deaths of these murder suspects will mean to the victims families..... unfortunately the one who killed my relative is still breathing and was in an open jail where he got out and killed someone else....

Go and preach your liberal nonsense to someone else

I had a relative murdered by someone who the courts didn't see fit to jail for long enough for his previous crimes Nick.

I gloat because I know what the deaths of these murder suspects will mean to the victims families..... unfortunately the one who killed my relative is still breathing and was in an open jail where he got out and killed someone else....

Go and preach your liberal nonsense to someone else

And I had a close relative die when he was, wrongly as it happens, accused of a crime.

Innocent until proven guilty is not liberal nonsense, Baz and your personal tragedy, for which you have my sympathy, does not make it so.

May I suggest you refrain from starting, on a public forum, a discussion connected with murder if it offends you so much when people dare to respond in a way you do not agree with.

• Upvote 1

And I had a close relative die when he was, wrongly as it happens, accused of a crime.

Innocent until proven guilty is not liberal nonsense, Baz and your personal tragedy, for which you have my sympathy, does not make it so.

May I suggest you refrain from starting, on a public forum, a discussion connected with murder if it offends you so much when people dare to respond in a way you do not agree with.

Nick.... I am not offended by your post in any way. You have your right to your own opinion.

Unfortunately, there is too much compassion given to people who commit crimes like murder in this country and certain sections of the justice system treat them like they are victims themselves....

Innocent until proven guilty is a worthy idea; unfortunately the ones who know how to play the "innocent" part exploit the system to get priviliges right up until conviction....

I also apologise for my outburst aimed at you. It was uncalled for

Baz

Sad to hear anyone rejoicing over the death of anyone.

Makes me sad for the person rejoicing. For the anger and the bitterness.

Learning to forgive is hard, but not doing so is harder long term.

I have learned this in a long and often very hard life. There is no peace in a heart that fosters revenge abd ideas of death against anyone. Been there, done that, thought better of it and have some peace now.

Here in Ireland we have an appallingly high suicide rate among young men. Often no apparent reason. People are fragile when threatened.

Human error is the one aspect that most agree on. It has happened too often for any ease. Not a question of compassion or being liberal; simply life is precious and too easily ended.

Life in jail is not a soft option either.

but a far softer and easier option than the murderer affords his victim

That one line you picked out from my whole post tells a story indeed.

So you are now judge, jury, executioner, avenging "angel"?

Quite a load to carry and one you carry alone sadly.

Your choice and your's to carry alone also.

One I carried many years and then realised that the only one suffering because of that was myself. So I shed it; and am whole and happy thus and focus on my own faults and failings and not on those of others.

You must be perfect indeed to speak as you do!

I am a deeply committed Christian and for many years someone tried to destroy me and my life, endangering life itself, Someone who abused power and authority to do so. Because we are bidden by Jesus to forgive as He forgave and forgives, this was an issue I struggled with appallingly.

One day i saw the person passing unexpectedly and there rose in me a huge tide of bitter acid that filled every limb and organ in my body.

That was the fruit of MY lack of forgiving. Nothing to do with the aggressor.

Then I saw that this person was in terrible pain also.

It changed me totally and I am thankful for that.

It altered nothing in the ongoing situation but freed me to live free of it all and ;later to remove myself from that place... and actually before I left was enabled to resolve the real issues neatly .

Not my job to urge revenge and punishment.

Hate and anger blind, you see.

Now I strive never to judge anyone or speak words of vengeance etc. And to be kinder and more compassionate - without being a victim ever again. Forgiving does not mean being a doormat. And if I forgive someone who has pushed me off a bridge, it does not mean I have to walk on a bridge with them again.

Does not mnean that you think no one has done wrong either.. and as someone who has visited prisoners....

But Baz; all this is always your choice and your freedom to make that choice. From experience it seems you have made a choice and will stick to it.

I wish you peace indeed.

That one line you picked out from my whole post tells a story indeed.

So you are now judge, jury, executioner, avenging "angel"?

Quite a load to carry and one you carry alone sadly.

Your choice and your's to carry alone also.

One I carried many years and then realised that the only one suffering because of that was myself. So I shed it; and am whole and happy thus and focus on my own faults and failings and not on those of others.

You must be perfect indeed to speak as you do!

I am a deeply committed Christian and for many years someone tried to destroy me and my life, endangering life itself, Someone who abused power and authority to do so. Because we are bidden by Jesus to forgive as He forgave and forgives, this was an issue I struggled with appallingly.

One day i saw the person passing unexpectedly and there rose in me a huge tide of bitter acid that filled every limb and organ in my body.

That was the fruit of MY lack of forgiving. Nothing to do with the aggressor.

Then I saw that this person was in terrible pain also.

It changed me totally and I am thankful for that.

It altered nothing in the ongoing situation but freed me to live free of it all and ;later to remove myself from that place... and actually before I left was enabled to resolve the real issues neatly .

Not my job to urge revenge and punishment.

Hate and anger blind, you see.

Now I strive never to judge anyone or speak words of vengeance etc. And to be kinder and more compassionate - without being a victim ever again. Forgiving does not mean being a doormat. And if I forgive someone who has pushed me off a bridge, it does not mean I have to walk on a bridge with them again.

Does not mnean that you think no one has done wrong either.. and as someone who has visited prisoners....

But Baz; all this is always your choice and your freedom to make that choice. From experience it seems you have made a choice and will stick to it.

I wish you peace indeed.

Grace you are obviously a very good and forgiving person and I thank God I have not had to endure what you have gone through, I would like to think that I could also develop the same attitude to perpetrators of terrible crimes, but I'm afraid I never could, I do believe in capital punishment but not necessarily death by hanging, I believe there are alternatives, injection, tablets etc., whether I would still believe in humane termination of life if I had suffered as Baz has, I doubt it. Please God may I never find out.

Grace you are obviously a very good and forgiving person and I thank God I have not had to endure what you have gone through, I would like to think that I could also develop the same attitude to perpetrators of terrible crimes, but I'm afraid I never could, I do believe in capital punishment but not necessarily death by hanging, I believe there are alternatives, injection, tablets etc., whether I would still believe in humane termination of life if I had suffered as Baz has, I doubt it. Please God may I never find out.

So someone has the job of killing another human being as punishment... killing a human being? I never saw the sense in that. Someone still has to kill however it is done.

Your choice indeed.

The trouble is that often those murdered by execution have then been proved to be innocent. Sets up a whole new logic then?