Spate of Break Ins in the Grappenhall Area.

algy

We had a note from our local Home Watch Coordinator stating that over the past few weeks there had been around 50 break ins or attempted break ins in the Grappenhall area, afraid I can't confirm the number to be correct but I do know that on our estate the other afternoon one lady went to look out of here rear window and was confronted by a youth coming towards her back door, when he saw her he bolted leaving this lady badly shaken, also Sunday evening I was having a quite pint in our local community centre when a lady came in looking very agitated and distressed asking for assistance, it turned out that she lived in the property adjoining the club and was in on her own when she heard a noise outside, very stupidly she ventured out in the dark and was confronted in the drive by a young man with a shaven head and dressed in black, when he saw her he just turned and worked slowly away without speaking to her, totally ignoring her two large dogs that were barking at him, she then returned to the house and rang the police, the reason she had come in the club is that she was frightened and shaken and 45minutes plus had elapsed since she had rung the police explaining she was in the house alone and they still had not responded.

According to our Home Watch guy, the Cheshire Police are no longer sending out information regarding crime in our local area.

Point 1. If you live in the Grappenhall area (or any other area for that matter) be aware that 'Bill the Burglar' is on the prowl, we have been informed that there are a number of youths with shaven heads wearing dark 'Hoodies' that are thought to be responsible for the break ins that they seem to happen between 1500hrs and 2000hrs. They are breaking into garden sheds and garages that have not been secured properly and using tools and garden spades etc to break into the properties.

Point 2. Secure your tools, sheds and garage doors.

Point 3. What the 'Hell' are the police thinking about, not attending a reported burglary more than 45 minutes after it had been reported, by a woman on her own in a semi rural area, no excuses accepted for this one I'm afraid.

Point 4. Why are we not receiving feedback on local crime.

:angry:

• Upvote 1

:oops:

Sorry, shouldn't joke about it, having been done ourselves more than once. Please accept my humble apologies

No one has a weirder sense of humour than me, however it is a serious problem, having been subjected to having our house broken into, I really can,t see the funny side of the jibes, I'm sure no malice is intended and thanks Cleo, having had the family home pillaged really brings it home to you, the reason I was so long winded and laborious in the post was to warn others in detail as to what is going on in the area.

Point 1. If you live in the Grappenhall area (or any other area for that matter) be aware that 'Bill the Burglar' is on the prowl, we have been informed that there are a number of youths with shaven heads wearing dark 'Hoodies' that are thought to be responsible for the break ins that they seem to happen between 1500hrs and 2000hrs. They are breaking into garden sheds and garages that have not been secured properly and using tools and garden spades etc to break into the properties.

Broad Daylight...... The police will either be on lunch or manning the speed traps; catching real villans....

Point 3. What the 'Hell' are the police thinking about, not attending a reported burglary more than 45 minutes after it had been reported, by a woman on her own in a semi rural area, no excuses accepted for this one I'm afraid.

Because they aren't bothered anymore Algy....it is low level crime to them just like car break ins and the like. The only way to sort it is to catch the scum at it in your house and give them a damned good kicking.....

Point 4. Why are we not receiving feedback on local crime.

Because if they told people there were things like this going on..... they would have to do something about it........

:angry:

I have family over that way Algy and they have been saying that there have been an awful lot of break-ins and crime over the past 3 months around there and no-one seems to be doing anything about it other than posting a letter through doors saying 'be aware... lock up, etc'. I'm sure they must be though as it must be very worring for people :unsure:

When you say you are not receiving feedback on local crime do you mean the figures or what they have actually done about it and if they have caught anyone?

If you mean the figures well the police crime maps for Lymm, Grappenhall and Thewall (as grouped) show the following

grappenhallfigures-1.jpg

Go here where you can type in your postcode and view the stats and roads where the crimes have been committed for various months.

When the map comes up click on the 'numbers' and it will say what crime it was etc.

http://www.police.uk/