Bills Grumpy Christmas

Bill

Just looking at the office and other than four Christmas cards in the window, you wouldn’t know it’s nearly Christmas. In the past at this time of the year, we’d hardly be able to see out of the window for cards. Maybe everyone else is getting a bit like me feeling decidedly not in the festive spirit or maybe its too much talk of doom and gloom. I’ve not bought any Christmas presents yet nor have I put up the fairy lights outside the house and I’ve got an irresistible craving for humbugs.

The only thing that’s vaguely Christmasy, is my front tooth’s about to fall out. Suppose to be two front teeth for Christmas so even this is only half what its should be.

Image0204.jpg

Still, seeing the look on the grandkid’s faces when they met the real Santa makes up for all these things.

Bill :)

Just looking at the office and other than four Christmas cards in the window, you wouldn’t know it’s nearly Christmas. In the past at this time of the year, we’d hardly be able to see out of the window for cards. Maybe everyone else is getting a bit like me feeling decidedly not in the festive spirit or maybe its too much talk of doom and gloom. I’ve not bought any Christmas presents yet nor have I put up the fairy lights outside the house and I’ve got an irresistible craving for humbugs.

The only thing that’s vaguely Christmasy, is my front tooth’s about to fall out. Suppose to be two front teeth for Christmas so even this is only half what its should be.

Image0204.jpg

Still, seeing the look on the grandkid’s faces when they met the real Santa makes up for all these things.

Bill :)

and a Bah hum bug from me too Bill.

Christmas cards have been on the decline for years - like you our office used to be full of them - but we have still managed to get into double figures - thanks to two from the Mayor!:roll:

I personally lost faith in Christmas cards many moons ago when I saw what happened with my grand parents.

When they have a busy social life they had hundreds of friends and got a sack full of cards - as soon as my grandad retired you could count the number of cards on one hand!

Not exactly the true meaning of Christmas.

We were saying the same today.

I've only just started xmas shopping (well apart from going into Warrington 3 times and coming home with nothing), Got some at Chesire Oaks today so that's a start phew.

We put the tree up at weekend and haven't bothered to switch it's lights on since. The outdoor lights are still in the loft somewhere. Infact there are hardly any outdoor lights up in our road at all this year. Two sets I think.

Back rooms still only 3/4 decorated but hey what's the rush... there's 3 days yet and if it doesn't get done so what :lol:

My brother recons he will have to be back in work on boxing day as things are suddenly manic although he's drawing a firm line on working on xmas day.

As for xmas cards... at home we have only received 12... but that may be becasue we've not sent any yet either :oops: Not sure about the work place as I've not been in there for a couple of weeks but there's definately a lack of xmas cheer everywhere.

You know what we all need don't you to get us in the mood and lift our festive moods... SOME SNOW :D:D

We were saying the same today.

I've only just started xmas shopping (well apart from going into Warrington 3 times and coming home with nothing), Got some at Chesire Oaks today so that's a start phew.

We put the tree up at weekend and haven't bothered to switch it's lights on since. The outdoor lights are still in the loft somewhere. Infact there are hardly any outdoor lights up in our road at all this year. Two sets I think.

Back rooms still only 3/4 decorated but hey what's the rush... there's 3 days yet and if it doesn't get done so what :lol:

My brother recons he will have to be back in work on boxing day as things are suddenly manic although he's drawing a firm line on working on xmas day.

As for xmas cards... at home we have only received 12... but that may be becasue we've not sent any yet either :oops: Not sure about the work place as I've not been in there for a couple of weeks but there's definately a lack of xmas cheer everywhere.

You know what we all need don't you to get us in the mood and lift our festive moods... SOME SNOW :D:D

I now I put it in another post but I couldn't help placing it here with you miserable lot even make obs look like Mr Happy. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyP4PGj_Rqo&feature=player_embedded

We got one from the bank too when we logged on(well it was more of a web page update which just said 'Merry Xmas from the <bank>' and we also got an electronic 'global' one from the accountant.

You are clearly a more valued customer to both than we are Sir Baz :wink::D

I wonder if HMRC will send me one now for paying them (see other topic as this one's not about them <spit> :lol: )