Doggy Tales

Geoffrey Settle

I was bitten again last week. :unsure:

As I went to post my leaflet the door opened, I said hello can I give you this please and before I knew I had a Jack Russel trying to bury its teeth in my leg just above my left knee. :oops:

I swatted the thing off and it went around my back to have a go at my ankle.

The lady said ‘Don’t you know anything about dogs? You said hello in a loud voice and he thought that you were going to come inside :P

It’s alright I said ‘I used to be a runner it used to happen all the time’ and limped off with two fang impressions but only one bled.

What doggy tales have you got to share :wink: ?

Perhaps he was dressed up like a dog's dinner?! :unsure:

Recommendations please for attire of a well dressed leafleteer, all for one and one for all - hey Obs :mrgreen:

Seriously what deodorant do you wear to stop the dogs biting you or frightening them away?

As a runner I’ve been bitten by several dogs especially those on the elastic leads – their owners always shout it’s ok he’s harmless – snarl bite ouch :shock: .

The last time I went to the doctors for a tetanus injection I got turned away – they said ‘you’ve had enough for life’ – is this true can you have too many injections and become tetanus free?

Tetanus injections last a very long time, 10 years, and you should get a booster thereafter every 10 years. Getting tetanus injections more frequently is not particularly harmful but can cause redness and soreness at the point of the injection.

You could always try wearing Greaves and Poleyns!

Leg armour. :lol::lol::lol:

punc·tu·a·tion (pngkch-shn)

n.

a. The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.

b. The marks so used.

2. The act or an instance of punctuating.

Give it a try Geoff, then the rest of us might have a clue what you're talking about. :wink: :wink: :wink:

punc·tu·a·tion (pngkch-shn)

n.

a. The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.

b. The marks so used.

2. The act or an instance of punctuating.

Give it a try Geoff, then the rest of us might have a clue what you're talking about. :wink: :wink: :wink:

What's this? Could it be sarcasm? surely not. :wink:

The last time I went to the doctors for a tetanus injection I got turned away – they said ‘you’ve had enough for life’ – is this true can you have too many injections and become tetanus free?

It is true, Geoff. If you have had a certain number in your life you develop a life-time immunity and don't need any more. The same happened to me, one of the few joys of getting older!! :rolleyes:

It is true, Geoff. If you have had a certain number in your life you develop a life-time immunity and don't need any more. The same happened to me, one of the few joys of getting older!! :rolleyes:

And I'm over 1 billion seconds old - this site is so educational.

Took my pup out for a 3 mile cross-country run yesterday and she was coated in mud when she got back - I can out spint her but haven't got the stamina that she has - must get some more training in. :mrgreen:

I tried to upload her photo but it got blocked so I've logged a call to Gazza and Dizzy under Forum Problems. :idea: