Liverpool v United

Gary

Now now, Algy. Watch the blood pressure. I didn't even know the result, but I do think that it's all handbags. We all get called or call people in life and none more so than local teams/communities.

Calling some-one a bar-steward (being polite) is quite common place in the work place. The fact that someone's colour or race is added, just emphasises the annoyance of that person and what he/she has said or done.

The Race Relations Board have opened up a massive can of worms that is unwarranted.

name calling is a fact of life. People need to learn to live with it like they did years ago.

There is a big difference between name calling and being downright insulting and racist.

This is my personal opinion.

PS. I also think that Evra is getting past his sell by date and looking for excuses.

Now now, Algy. Watch the blood pressure. I didn't even know the result, but I do think that it's all handbags. We all get called or call people in life and none more so than local teams/communities.

Calling some-one a bar-steward (being polite) is quite common place in the work place. The fact that someone's colour or race is added, just emphasises the annoyance of that person and what he/she has said or done.

The Race Relations Board have opened up a massive can of worms that is unwarranted.

name calling is a fact of life. People need to learn to live with it like they did years ago.

There is a big difference between name calling and being downright insulting and racist.

This is my personal opinion.

PS. I also think that Evra is getting past his sell by date and looking for excuses.

I second that old wise one.

The FA is clueless regarding most things relating to football - I know first hand as Chairman of a local football team.

The word common sense and FA can not be used in the same sentence!:roll:

John Terry will face criminal charges over allegations that he racially abused the Queen’s Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand during a recent Premier League game.

The England captain said he was "disappointed" and vowed to clear his name, he said in a statement. "I will fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. I have campaigned against racism and believe there is no place for it in society."

Where have I heard that before?

Legislation against racial harassment, to stop people being racist.

they did indeed... but is calling someone a name worth an 8 match ban when breaking their leg in a dirty tackle (and thus commiting an assault, gbh and heaven knows what else) and potentially ending someones career worth less?

they did indeed... but is calling someone a name worth an 8 match ban when breaking their leg in a dirty tackle (and thus commiting an assault, gbh and heaven knows what else) and potentially ending someones career worth less?

When Roy Keane tackled Alf-Inge Haaland ending his career he got a 5 match ban and a fine of £150,000 because it couldn't be proved it was intentional.

It was only a year later in Keanes' autobiography that he admitted it was intentional.

When Roy Keane tackled Alf-Inge Haaland ending his career he got a 5 match ban and a fine of £150,000 because it couldn't be proved it was intentional.

It was only a year later in Keanes' autobiography that he admitted it was intentional.

He never intended to end his career. :roll:

And if a player had laughed at me if I was injured, I'd try and get back at him in some way too. I see how you can think it was wrong, but he's asking for it, isn't he?