eating

Stallard12

Liver and onions, not bad at all.

Tripe.. no thanks. I could never understand why my mum used to eat it. Lashings of vinegar and delicious apparently (well she thought so). I did try a fork full a couple of times though. It wasn't exactly awful but certainly not nice as it was cold, rubbery and tasteless not to mention it was bit hard to get over the fact of what it was too.

How about 'tongue' ? I used to quite like that on butties as a kid until I found out it really WAS a tongue :unsure:

I absolutely love liver and onions, but I can no longer get over the thought of what it is. When I was young, I could hang off a tall building without thinking about it, now I have trouble with a step ladder - same thing with L & O. Best smell in the world when cooking though.

Same as you Dizzy on tripe, but never did taste it. Dad used to have it for Sunday tea, once again with the vinegar and pepper. The way he slurped it down you would have thought that it was manna from heaven.

Liver and onions, not bad at all.

Tripe.. no thanks. I could never understand why my mum used to eat it. Lashings of vinegar and delicious apparently (well she thought so). I did try a fork full a couple of times though. It wasn't exactly awful but certainly not nice as it was cold, rubbery and tasteless not to mention it was bit hard to get over the fact of what it was too.

How about 'tongue' ? I used to quite like that on butties as a kid until I found out it really WAS a tongue :unsure:

I love liver and onions. In fact I had some only yesterday. As for tripe, much the same as you Dizzy. My dear mother used to love it when I was a kid. One day she was preparing some and i remarked that it looked horrible and asked what it tasted like so she cut a peice off and offered it to me on her fork. I took it from her but, rather unladylike, immediately spat it out, asking how she could eat it. She laughed at me and said it was nice. No accounting for some people's tastes.

Been poorly for the last five days and haven’t eaten anything but a bit of ice-cream and yoghurt so liver and onions with a dollop of mashed potatoes to soak up the gravy sounds like heaven to me just now.

Tripe’s a big non-starter as is most offle but I do like kidney as in a steak and kidney pie. Black pudding as well, both sliced and fried or the genuine bendy ones boiled and served with fresh bread and butter. :P

During the war years, my parents along with many others developed some rather odd eating habits that I go into this close to Sunday teatime. :mellow:

Bill :)