Blame Tony Smith

The reason we lost today was mostly down to Tony's poor team selection.

We all know about the game on Friday and we all know that players such as Hodgson and Morley in there 30's cant play 2 games in 3 days so what an earth was Tony thinking about :?::?:

You've got a young lad in Riley who although not the best still wants to impress, young and fully fit yet he play's Hodgson who played on Friday. Then we have Morley who looked tired against Celtic the week before yet again Tony decides to play him for 55 mins and his knock-on in the second half led to them scoring a try.

Tony decided to rest 3 forwards against Catalans at home earlier in the year when there was no need to but when he actually needs to rest a few he chooses not to.... Don't get me wrong the defence today was poor along with the handling but Smith made the wrong picks for me.

I'll add that Tonys original mistake was not postponing the game.

If we get knocked out of the CC against Wigan then we would have a free weekend. If not then Im sure we could fit it in midweek sometime.

As for Morley, he hasn't been his usual self for a few weeks now. Father time is starting to tell. I doubt he is worthy an International spot and Im also concerned about having him in a wire shirt for 2012. Im also concerned about the lack of young forwards, the ones we have aren't good enough, ie Cooper, McCarthy, Blythe and Mitchell.

Being a team in England we should not be blaming the conditions, it's the same for both teams you simply just adapt to them... Hodgson, Morley, Solomona looked tired, Briers, Monas and the rest didn't looked arsed. Credit to Westwood he gave his all yet again and was the stand out performer.

I don't care what team, what conditions we simply shouldn't be losing to teams such as Salford.

Being a team in England we should not be blaming the conditions, it's the same for both teams you simply just adapt to them... Hodgson, Morley, Solomona looked tired, Briers, Monas and the rest didn't looked arsed. Credit to Westwood he gave his all yet again and was the stand out performer.

I don't care what team, what conditions we simply shouldn't be losing to teams such as Salford.

.....and Wigan shouldn't draw with Castleford who we took to the cleaners and Huddersfield shouldn't lose to Wakefield.

Every dog has its day - and today it was Salford.

Get over it chaps - we lost to the better team on the day - but we are still top of the league and in a CC QF so plenty still to play for.

Garys obviously a bit blinkered after hob knobbing with the senior club officials today :lol:

Maybe you cant be executive matchday sponsor unless you toe the line :D

Exposed - I toe the line and even pay to be able to do it! :roll:

Eagle correctly stated:Surely the blame lies with the RFL for organising a game the day before a SL round, all it proved was that the best England can produce can't beat the SL foreign pensioners.

why have such a pointless game in the middle of a tough season?

perhaps, like football,a few more players should become "injured" before such waste of time games as after all it is the club that pays them and the success of the club attracts bigger crowds ...that helps pay the players.etc.

Or perhaps there should not be games played in the rain as it makes the ball harder to handle, and after all we don't want players to get wet either!!!!!

This is the same person who was the bees knees (or selected parts of any other animal you care to mention) when they were hammering the other clubs in the last few matches.

Maybe they thought it would be an easy win. But as top of the league they should know that there is no such thing. Let us hope that it has kicked some of the complacency out of them before they have to face wigan.

What happened over the course of a couple of recent days isn't a reason for panic to set in. Two things affected the matches yesterday, the Exiles match and the diabolical weather. All top four clubs didn't gain the results they would normally achieve. Some have short memories under the previous coach when we had SEASONS of underachievement and forgave him almost anything. Every Superleague club would love to have TS as coach but fortunately he chose the Wire. We are top of the league and just two games away from a third Wembley trip and it's much too soon to start calling for the head of perhaps the finest coach we've ever had and I can go back to the days of Ces Mountford. Some idiot last night on a GMR phone-in suggested we sack Tony Smith and get Brian Noble in.

What happened over the course of a couple of recent days isn't a reason for panic to set in. Two things affected the matches yesterday, the Exiles match and the diabolical weather. All top four clubs didn't gain the results they would normally achieve. Some have short memories under the previous coach when we had SEASONS of underachievement and forgave him almost anything. Every Superleague club would love to have TS as coach but fortunately he chose the Wire. We are top of the league and just two games away from a third Wembley trip and it's much too soon to start calling for the head of perhaps the finest coach we've ever had and I can go back to the days of Ces Mountford. Some idiot last night on a GMR phone-in suggested we sack Tony Smith and get Brian Noble in.

Safeway - you are mellowing - you have actually agreed with a point I raised regarding the weather - have you stopped taking the tablets? :wink::lol: