Harlequins Review/Wigan Preview

CP

Good result for the Wire against Harlequins. The performance was hard to quantify though as it seemed our opponents gave up the ghost after half an hour.

Personally I was disappointed by the game itself, Harlequins are obviously not as good as their early form suggests.

How good were M Monaghan and Blythe today, both were excellent.

Injury wise it looks like biscuit man Chris Bridge is going to be missing against Wigan, looked like an ankle or achilles injury to me. Simon Grix also looked to be struggling with what appeared to be a knee injury.

As for the game against Wigan, my fear is that we are going to go into undercooked after todays tepid opposition. Wigan will be battle hardened after their stern test against Huddersfield on Friday.

Smith and Poaching need to make sure we re-focus and prepare well for Wigan. Our mental attitude has to be spot on or else we will get done.

If Bridge misses out I would switch Evans to centre and play Rhys Williams on the wing. I dont want Riley on the Wing, his form has been very poor this year and I think he would be a weak link. Williams on the other hand has been playing well at the crusaders.

It took long enough for the penny to drop but the Quins coach eventually withdrew Karl Pryce only after Bridge had waltzed three tries through him. If he'd been kept on we may have done the ton. I said before the game that the Wire would win this one easily but I didn't think it would be that easy. As usual the Pies get an extra two days rest over the Wire so thank goodness this game was more or less a training run. How on earth did that shower beat Skints and Leeds ? It looks like Riley has played his last game for the club.

Why, is Riley being transferred?

To be honest I cant see him getting in at wing unless King, J Monaghan, Evans and Williams are all injured. It looks like he is third or fourth choice full back too.

Although he might get a game against Keighley in the cup if he is lucky.

Unfortunate for Riley but we have moved on again as a club and he certainly didn't do himself any favours with a very poor performance against Wakey.

Great performance Wolves, never gave 'Mighty' Quinns a look in, they just kept powering through them at over a point per minute.

So much so were they rattled Quins who kept tyring to score across their own line and with a liitle help from their friends succeeded. :lol:

When was the last time so many points were scored at the Halliwell Jones stadium :?:

Agreed with Safeway on another thread that we'd win easily but like him didn't see it being that easy, I'm very happy that Riley was dropped, happy in a way that he had a complete stinker against Wakefield and I'm happy that was spotted and dealt with, dropping Riley improved the team no end in attack.

Moving on to Wigan I again think we'll win this one, we've got a good record at Wigan, they still have 5 players out and against Warrington you'll need forwards so Joel Tomkins will be a big miss for them. I wasn't impressed with there performance against Huddersfield and our last two games have been nothing more than training sessions.

Warrington 32-18 Wigan.

Latch, I think his replacement will be adequate enough.

And also dont forget how many pens Tomkins concedes, he probably gives away as many metres as he makes :lol:

And in any case we are missing Anderson and possibly Grix too so we will be missing a couple of decent forwards.

Anything other than a close game will be a surprise for me.

dont forget how many pens Tomkins concedes, he probably gives away as many metres as he makes :lol:

The answer to that would be 3 pens this year in 4 games which is less than Westwood, Harrison, Wood and Morley.

There's no getting out of it your original statement was complete ludicrous... Tomkins will be sorely missed and that will make a difference.

I'm not a believer in the compiling of statistics. I believe more in what my eyes tell me. According to these lists it shows James Graham is the best prop forward in the game. Pfffft. He's not in the same class as Adrian Morley. I would even have Gareth Carvell in my team ahead of him. Graham has these statistics simply because he spends more time on the pitch than anybody else. Have you ever seen him make a break ? I certainly haven't. Who would you rather see bearing down on you, ball in hand, you as a would be tackler, Graham, Morley or Carvell. It would be Graham for me...he's easily tackled and rarely breaks the line. On top of that he's a cry baby forever whingeing to the referee. If he eventually goes off to Ozz he won't be a great loss to the game

Nice point Safers.

My eyes tell me that Joel Tomkins isnt all that. He is a cheap shot merchant who has finally got his just deserts.

Latch, its all about opinions. I respect yours even though I disagree, maybe you should learn to show others respect too.

This could be a close affair.

If we have a weak referee who allows Wigan to continually lie on in the tackle to slow us down, then it'll be really close and could go either way.

If we have a strong referee who's not afraid to penalise Wigan for this blatant cheating, then we could win by a reasonable margin.

:D:D:D

Oh No its alibert.

Truly shocking decision by the RFL, he is one of the worst and surely shouldn't be allowed to officiate the biggest game of the season so far.

I said exactly the same when I saw we had Alibert. OH NO!!!! he has to be the worse ref in superleague......they let him ref the biggest game of the weekend and in 3D too.. :shock:

Oh No its alibert.

Truly shocking decision by the RFL, he is one of the worst and surely shouldn't be allowed to officiate the biggest game of the season so far.

I said exactly the same when I saw we had Alibert. OH NO!!!! he has to be the worse ref in superleague......they let him ref the biggest game of the weekend and in 3D too.. :shock:

Thierry was excellent last night. There can be no complaints about him from either side.