Blue and silhouette - BUT WHY ?

Dizzy

Thanks PJ :D Not sure how you worked that out by just looking at my pics... you are very clever :D

I remember seeing somthing showing 1600 but didn't know what that meant. Is that the default and if so should I just manually change it and if so to what level?

I guess there is no such thing as a 'point and shoot and twiddle the best you can and get what you want' camera eh but if I have to carry and use a tripod the dog will definately have to stay at home unless I can grow another arm :lol:

Thanks for all your help YET AGAIN :oops:

I'll get there in the end unless I go mad first or my nephew really beats me with his photos :lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Dizzy, you'll get there eventually :D

Next time your trying sunsets find somewhere that you can place your camera on to act as a makeshift tripod. A wall or fence etc.

1 set iso manually to 100

2 set camera to av mode (camera will set length of exposure)

3 set fstop to 22

4 set to timer

5 place on chosen surface, and compose the frame.

6 half depress then fire

Give it a go and if its rubbish blame me...

EEEK I have just been told that if I don't stop playing .....and spending hours trying to figure it all out...... and wandering around all day when I am supposed to be working... taking and uploading photos.... and chatting on here boring everyone..... and boring my whole family with it all too ......

I WONT HAVE a camera by tomorrow morning :shock::shock::lol::lol:

Point taken ... I think I have become obsessed ... night night :oops::lol:

Dizz I do hope they let you keep your camera :wink:

To obtain information about your picture as PJ informed you about your ISO setting right clk your image and open up properties

ScreenShot008.jpg

then open up details, use your scroll bar and Hey Presto! it shows all the info.

ScreenShot009.jpg

I'm on Windows 7 now, not by choice I add as I loved XP but my old desktop terminated and this laptop came with W7 installed, however I digress, thinking back I'm sure I could view file details because I used to do a lot with sound files & details came in handy, it may be the way that you file access system is set up, afraid I'm not able to help you there though but it would be useful information for you to see.

if you are right clicking the images as they are shown on the forum you don't get the info Dizzy. I have to right click and save as to my pc. then I right click the file and the info is there. as you took the photos you should be able to check the exif data on your original files.

Are you on XP too ?

Here's what I do....

Card out of camera and into inbuilt card reader on pc.

Open 'card' and select all photo's then copy and paste to folder on PC.

If I double click or open them they automatically open for viewing with Microsoft Office Picture Manager (although I can tell them to open with whatever I like).

I was going to say that maybe it's because I am just copying and pasting them from my card rather than specific software but then that wouldn't explain why you can see the details and I can't for the same photos.

Did you not install the Canon software for your camera Dizzy, although that shouldn't make a difference to be honest. I've even had a look at the pics my little girl takes with her pand s and they all have the data there. right click the image file, click properties at the bottom, click the details tab at the top, tada.

Please dont think I'm being patronising I'm just a bit nonplussed. :oops::oops:

Dizzy, I'm so sorry, I just dug out an old laptop which has XP installed and guess what, no exif data. I think you need to install the Canon software and view the data on there. Otherwise how will you know where you went wrong/right and how to correct/repeat the action. :lol::wink: