Air tax rise?

observer

Air tax is a bargain compared to fuel tax...... I pay ?97.00 to fill my car up and 80+% of that is tax (so nearly ?80.00!) If it lasts a fortnight that is a heck of a lot of tax over the year and even the ?340.00 to Australia tax is a bargain by comparison!

I wonder...

having worked hard all week/month, you pay tax on your wages, you go to buy food, clothes, go out for a meal, fill your car up with fuel, go on holiday, pay for insurance on your car or holiday, go on a train, but a theatre ticket, pay your gas, electric, phone bill etc, etc, over the 12 months how much tax in the way of VAT, do we all really give to the government.

just a thought for sue on a cheap holiday in france.

get some people to sponsor you on a cross channel swim. with the money raised purchase a raft that you can fill with duty free and tow it back and flog the stuff round the pubs. the original stake goes to the chosen charity and the profit goes towards paying for your recovery in a nice health spa. :twisted:

just a thought for sue on a cheap holiday in france.

get some people to sponsor you on a cross channel swim. with the money raised purchase a raft that you can fill with duty free and tow it back and flog the stuff round the pubs. the original stake goes to the chosen charity and the profit goes towards paying for your recovery in a nice health spa. :twisted:

...erm??, now where is that black and decker and pieces of wood and flippers?