Saturday V Huddersfield.

Latchford Wolvesfan

So we know who were facing next weekend, what do we all think

:?::?::?:

For me I cant see anything other that a Wire win, we've given Hudds some fair beatings in the past year and I cant see this being any different. They looked average against Celtic at the weekend and we wont be a lenient as the welsh side were.

Tony would have given the lads a right ripping after the saints game, think we'll re-group and learn from our poor performance to make it through to the semi-finals, we'll just be to strong for Hudds in the forwards.

Will be interesting to see who Saints pick to play, they'll pick Wire for me but that's another discussion for another day.

Will be interesting to see who Saints pick to play, they'll pick Wire for me but that's another discussion for another day.

If Wigan win won't they still have the pick ?

Isn't it great that the sports top competition has so many fans not having a clue who plays who or who picks what! Shambles! :oops:

Isn't it great that the sports top competition has so many fans not having a clue who plays who or who picks what! Shambles! :oops:

Dont include me in that Gary... I know exactly what happens, regardless of whoever wins Saints get to pick from from 2 teams with the other team playing Leeds away.

Dont include me in that Gary... I know exactly what happens, regardless of whoever wins Saints get to pick from from 2 teams with the other team playing Leeds away.

I wonder who Saints will pick if we win? :roll::oops:

They'll pick us and then we'll finally lift the Saints Curse, and what better time to do it in the semi-final, at their place and their last ever game at Knowsley Road - sweet.............. :shock:

The only person who knows for certain who Saints will pick is Mick Potter, everything else if fully understandable.

me!! :shock::shock:

Whats made you change your mind latch?

Well I may be well well wide of the mark.

You remember a few years back when we had Johns, we went to Hull FC knowing whatever the outcome was we'd be playing them in the play-offs only thing up for debate was were it was played. Well we beat Hull FC that night quite convincingly and we all went home cock a hoop thinking the next week would be a breeze.

Well we all know that the week after FC gave us a few lessons at our place and beat us up pretty bad by about 24 points and we all realised after that game that they were kidding us the week before to make us think the play-off game would be easy.

I'm hoping for a similar situation this year with us and Saints, I seriously wouldn't put it past TS to do this and our defeat against Saints hasn't been spoken about much in articles, by players or indeed by fans making me think were not that bothered because we have a second chance.

I've now convinced myself we'll beat Saints next week.

Clutching at straws there Latch but I have thought exactly the same thing.

Smith is a canny little (expletive), and that performance against saints last week was just not a normal Wire performance - under smith of course.

There is no doubt, if we do play saints in the semis, that we will be a totally different kettle of fish.

I've always thought that the Club choice thing could re-bound on the Club making the choice. If we win tomorrow and Wigan win tonight, there's no two ways about it, we'll be the pick. I think that it's a tremendous incentive to the players, plus it would be wonderful to win the last ever game at KR after all those years of hurt. Let's not count our chickens though, we need to win tomorrow first.

Clutching at straws there Latch but I have thought exactly the same thing.

Smith is a canny little (expletive), and that performance against saints last week was just not a normal Wire performance - under smith of course.

There is no doubt, if we do play saints in the semis, that we will be a totally different kettle of fish.

Indeed, that performance against Saints was probably up there with KR away at easter to be our worst performance to date yet nobody as uttered a bad word about the team or the performance. Smith has recently said that he'd prefer to play every week to gain form rather than have a week off, he might just be saying that because of the position the team is in but I smell a rat somewhere with our performance last week.

Indeed Latch, in the first 8 mins it looked like we were going to rip saints apart.

Wonder if Smith ordered his troops to back off a tad to save the big performance for when we next meet saints.

Its well known that when you take your foot off the gas in RL its not easy to get the intensity back, maybe thats what happened - the lads were told to take it easy and overcooked it.

Whatever the case Im sure that when we come to the semi final and final we will not be messing about or taking it easy.

Wasn't expecting that tonight.... Terrible, terrible first half performance from us, shocking in defence, not much better in attack and we were just blown away.

Better in the second half but left ourselves far far to much ground to make up, good efforts from Westwood, Wood and Higham but I think in the end we just hit the brick wall after a long year.

So Mathers is going and I cant wait, Hodgson will improve us no end next year, would like to see another signing, maybe a forward but on the upside I would have saved about ?100 in tickets and booze come two weeks time.