World Cup mania.

observer

• 2 weeks later...
See all the chavs are loving it in Warrington....... cars with daft flags flapping away and big England flags draped from the front bedroom windows............. :cry:

Don't think you will find it is just the Chavs as kick off gets nearer! :roll::wink:

Hope your right Asp, that'll get rid of the flags pretty quickly! :wink:

Talking of which, on a rare visit to town yesterday, I noticed that there were more flags than we get xmas decorations.

2 points.

1. Why don't we celebrate St George's day in a similar manner?

2. Who is paying for this at a time when services and staff are being cut back?

I'd suggest they are a minority Fats, less than 20% of the cars on the roads are flying these flags - maybe Asp's astute observation has put the rest of the lemmings off?! :wink:
Seriously? You think only those with those chavvy flags sticking out of their cars are interested in the world cup? :shock:

Errm, nope, we were talking about ENGLAND as against BRITAIN; my point being: that every other country in the World has ONE national team - while we have four. Germany doesn't have a Bavarian team, or France a Corsican team etc - so why do we persist with this nonesense. :roll:

Given that you are the who persists in posting nonsense you should count it as a blessing.

There is quite a large number of normal English people supporting their national team in this competition in various forms, you have no interest in either patriotism or sport so why don't you bury your head up your, sorry in the sand and ignore both.

So bird brain - our Nation ( the U.K) doesn't have FOUR footy teams then or does it - pls explain the "nonesense"? :roll:

I haven't a clue what nonesense is but at the moment I would the like English football team to win the World Cup, they haven't a snowball in hell's chance but that is the case for the vast majority of teams who enter. I repeat, if you have no interest in it then keep your sarcasm and misery to yourself.

BTW, sarcasm and criticism are more effective when spelt correctly.

Errm, nope, we were talking about ENGLAND as against BRITAIN; my point being: that every other country in the World has ONE national team - while we have four. Germany doesn't have a Bavarian team, or France a Corsican team etc - so why do we persist with this nonesense. :roll:
Well, I would suggest we stick with this 'nonsense' because like Corsica & Bavaria, England can't field a Lancashire or Cheshire team, and Scotland can't field a Grampian or Strathclyde team, so instead we field national teams, you know, exactly like every other nation in the world when in comes to international football. :roll:

You must have a Scottish passport then Fats! Just to be sure, I've checked mine, which clearly states "UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND" - that's THE Nation. When you do get your own Army and Navy, and Foreign Policy, and your own passports you can claim nationhood! :roll: