Magic Weekend - Where?

Wolfette

Ive a good idea lets do away with this badly supported farce for good.

Having barely quarter filled stadiums miles away from RL heartland and then televising it aswell is a crock of the proverbial if you ask me.

Expansionism sucks and will never work, lets get back to basics and make this great game as good as it can get in the heartlands.

Ive a good idea lets do away with this badly supported farce for good.

Having barely quarter filled stadiums miles away from RL heartland and then televising it aswell is a crock of the proverbial if you ask me.

Expansionism sucks and will never work, lets get back to basics and make this great game as good as it can get in the heartlands.

I do agree with this, but the RFL will still go ahead with it next year I'm pretty sure...So on that basis I would love it to go to Dublin or even back to Cardiff.

I know where your coming from Teesside it does get expensive, although we set up a little savings kitty which helps.

it's a gamble wherever it is staged ,

But London is a non starter as only Wembley would do and the CC final can't even get a full house.

Now Dublin is a rugby loving city but very very expensive not just to get there, but once you are there as well.

Manchester is easy to get to and prices are reasonable + no overnight costs but for our expansionista dictators will not fit the bill as an expansion target.

So I think they will take the easy tried and tested Cardiff route which to me is not to bad an option just for now anyway.

St James Park at Newcastle would be a great venue.

A great stadium which would not look stupidly empty because it only holds 51k, plus the town of Newcastle is a great place to visit.

Manchester would not be good the City of Manchester stadium is about five miles out so getting 20,000 people from the centre of Manchester to the ground would be a problem.

London, no way keep that for the Challenge cup.

Dublin, would be a great venue but getting there would be a real pain.

Birmingham at Villa Park same problem as Manchester.

Cardiff, a lot of people like Cardiff but it doesn't do it for me.

So a trip to Newcastle would be my choice, it would have to be done on the Bank Holiday at the end of May so it would clash with the football

I would love a one year visit to Dublin if not back to cardiff i went both times to murrayfield there was no atmosphere really most people i spoke to were of the same opinion. Cardiff certainly had the magic factor about it and a good mix of fans having banter Dublin is a fantastic and friendly city fair enough it is expensive but at ?4 a cheeseburger so was scotland. Newcastle would be a viable option aswell but they would have to move it to the end of may to avoid clashing with wendy ball and give the pitch time to recover