Time to boot out the Lib Dems in Warrington

robocop

They've had their chance .. now make sure you use your votes wisely and ensure we can rid our town of these lilly livered dithering idiots who have destroyed our local council!

The officers they have appointed are not up to the tasks in hand and the cuts they are making will leave us in one almighty mess.

Labour have learned their hard lesson from infighting so restore them to their heartlands - and you disillusioned Tories in the South put your cross in the blue box nationally and locally on May 6th!

They are also trying to mislead the public with their election literature - suggesting the Tories can't win in the South!

I would rather have proper reds and proper blues than lilly livered yellows! :twisted:

:lol: sounds like we've got some Councillors popping their heads above the parapet - must be an election on! :wink: Perhaps they can tell us, in this coming age of austerity, just where they'll be cutting and who they'll be making redundant - sorry chaps but there's no good news, whoever is in control - cos the reality is you don't really "control" anything! :wink:

They've had their chance .. now make sure you use your votes wisely and ensure we can rid our town of these lilly livered dithering idiots who have destroyed our local council!

Labour have learned their hard lesson from infighting so restore them to their heartlands - and you disillusioned Tories in the South put your cross in the blue box nationally and locally on May 6th!

They are also trying to mislead the public with their election literature - suggesting the Tories can't win in the South!

I would rather have proper reds and proper blues than lilly livered yellows! :twisted:

Excellent post ROBOCOP. :wink::D:D:D

Excellent post ROBOCOP. :wink::D:D:D

Aren't you in joint administration with them? :?:oops:

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget the importance of your local vote as well.

Lots of seats up for grabs on the council.

Before putting your x on the ballot paper just think about how well the Lib-dems are running this town.

Take a look at the state of the roads you are driving on.

Take a look at the schools which have and are being closed down.

Take a look at the wonderful work not being done on Warrington Swimming baths and Wilderspool.

Try and think of something postive from five years of Lib Dem control.

This town and country is on the verge of total meltdown - onbly you the voters can make a difference.

Vote for change both nationally and locally!

Then if they don't get it right vote for change again.

Perhaps you could explain to the readers, how a cash strapped Council can provide all these things, without increasing Council Tax on a cash strapped population, or by getting more rate support grant from a cash strapped Government - pls get real. :roll:

They could start by NOT investing any more flaming money in town centre fountains or artwork for Council offices. And we've only seen MP's expenses so far.....

I don't agree with the daft idea that money grows on trees, and I sympathise with the many Councillors who genuinely do their best for the local Community and often get very little appreciation. BUT there's at least one waste of space sitting on the Board to feed his own ego. I don't care which party the locals belong to, let's see the back of ANYONE who thinks he or she is not there to serve. I am sick of patronising liars screaming victimisation every time they are asked a question they don't like, and I want rid of every single person who thinks WBC exists as a separate entity and has the right to hide things from us. So there! :wink:

... and isn't he representing a political Party during an election? :?

he has gone very quite on this issue now :oops:

As an Election Agent, I am currently far too busy to spend too much time posting on this Forum. My normal excellent postings will resume in due course.....possibly :wink::):D

Perhaps you could explain to the readers, how a cash strapped Council can provide all these things, without increasing Council Tax on a cash strapped population, or by getting more rate support grant from a cash strapped Government - pls get real. :roll:

Isn't that a failure of

a) your friends leadership when Labour were in office.

B) the failure of Lib-Demolishers to raise council tax.

c) these problems were there "Before" the current financial debacle.

Not forgetting that those strap-cashed people get there rates subsidised by the council.

a) just shows how difficult it is to balance the books in the face of cherished expeditures like sheds in Latchford. B) the LibDems are now wrestling with a fical deficit that's risen from ?5million to ?15million, plus a pensions time bomb (which Paul supposed to be sorting out!). c) they are not allowed to increase Council Tax above the Gov recomended level, so either have to sell off assets or cut services - welcome to the real world Peter. And finally, those who get their Council Tax subsidised by the State, are probably the ones that keep asking for them to spend more on services, cos it costs them nowt - meanwhile, the rest of us who do pay Council Tax have to subsidise their daydreams. :roll:

The Lib Dems were duly elected. If the majority of people here chose to make a midterm protest to the Government by picking a third-rate party candidate, there's no point complaining that they got what they asked for. Hopefully, this time round, the local mess and the European BNP disaster will have been absorbed, and people will vote for someone capable of doing more than make noises.

LP. I doubt it, because the ones who vote for the Lib-Dems are probably unaware of anything other than what the local cllrs tell them.

obs. You mentioned sheds, I didn't.

My moaning about that subject, is that there was no discussion for a partnership with the users to try to find a way forward.

Instead, we got a fait accompli just like the situation with Walton Hall. Hardly Democracy.

I did hear that the cllrs are their to serve the people, I didn't know that it was the other way round.

As for the debt. your lot still managed to give themselves a massive pay rise.

Are we still subsidising the Pyramid? Now that is an area that can be leased out to someone and save the council a fortune.

I wonder what the scrap value of the skittles is? :roll:

Funny you should mention Pyramid Centres and Skittles (thanks to anon) - as it's an example of how a minority can control the Council through the whips: all you require is 51% of a controlling Group with 51% of Council seats and you've got minority rule - so much for voting for "Parties". :wink: With a ?15million deficit and no chance of increased Gov support (in fact the opposite), and a limit on the level of Council Tax, I'm not sure there is any scope for "discussion" - you either seek to produce a balanced budget or carry on giving out the sweeties to the kids - which is why Gov, both local and national; have got us into this debt crisis in the first place! :shock:

LP. I doubt it, because the ones who vote for the Lib-Dems are probably unaware of anything other than what the local cllrs tell them.

If they are that stupid, then they don't deserve anything better. You don't need a local Councillor to tell you that state of the art fountains and medieval toilets don't make a good mix. :wink:

Thought YOU said, " leapards can't change their spots"? Going back, Labour voters in Warr S normally voted LDem to "keep the Tories out" - and IF Clegg has got any brains at all, he'll hook up with Brown to get PR, otherwise the LDems are going to get slaughtered at the next election. :shock: