LFC

Matty

Well, we have confirmed we appoached a Klinsmann when we have an incumbent.

Just when I thought things could not get any worse today, Agger has had a recurrence of his injury and may be out for the rest of the campaign.

Looks like we are slowly turning into a Tottenham.

An appoach was made, Hicks confirmed so in a statement.

"We attempted to negotiate an option as an insurance policy... if Rafa left for Real Madrid or other clubs rumoured, " Hicks told the Liverpool Echo.

He added: "Or in case our communication spiralled out of control."

Maybe Klinsmann turned down the approach because he had agreed to join Bayern.

Uncertainty is not good and generally affects a players performance in a negative way.

Possibly, though I hope they won't have to many problems against Luton tmz. I think Hicks and Gillette's minds are made up on Benitez, they're successful, ruthless business men and won't let anything or anyone get in their way. I will be sad to see him go if that is the case, he has turned us around from the mess Houllier left it in no doubt. The main thing that worries me is if you get rid of him, who are you going to get in?

According to rumours it is unlikely they will be in charge of the purse strings come the summer.

Tomorrow should not be a problem, as we should comfortably beat what is left of Luton.

If they are in charge, Rafa will be axed. I have no idea who they will go for, hopefully someone with experience in a top European league, preferably the Premiership. Depends who is available come the summer really.

Haha possibly Peter though I don't believe Arsenal's team to be littered with cockneys, and, come to think of it, there are as many scousers as mancs in Uniteds team at the moment?! :wink: I think Houlier took the team as far as he could and was a top four manager who lost the players towards the end of his reign. I think that Rafa should be given at least another season to try for the premiership. The latest saga just goes to show how little these foreign investors know anout english clubs and english football.

The Newcastle situation sums the club up well. Where they get this "big club who deserve better" from I don't know. And as for the "fantastic support" can't remember seeing too many of them with their shirts off when they were in Division One :( It will be a great day when Roman finds a new toy to play with, we'll see if Drogba,Lampard and co are kissing the badge then?! :roll: I can honestly say that if Jose Mourinho gets the Liverpool job I will never pay to watch them again. The man is an egotist who cares for no one but himself and how he can bolster his reputation, no good for the Reds.

[ 15.01.2008, 11:18: Message edited by: James P ]

Originally posted by Eagle:

James, you are totally on the wrong track in trying to besmirch Newcastle's historical standing as a 'big' club. Something to reflect on, their average attendance 1947/8 in Division 2 was 56,299.

But that was when they had a good team with wor Jackie.