F.A Cup upsets

Gary

This weekend is the third round of the F.A Cup and hopefully there will be some giant killing acts by the lower league teams.

I will be cheering on all the non league teams as I know how much they need the prize/gate money.

I think it is an insult to the game when the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea field fringe players and reserves.

If Liverpool put out anything less than full strength I hope Reading beat them!

The big clubs should be fined if they field under strength teams and the money donated to the non league clubs, who get very little support from the F.A!

I will also be cheering on Leeds :roll::wink:

The FA Cup, sadly, is way down the list of priorities for the *big* clubs. Only a few years ago Man Utd declined to take part in the competition and any other club would have found themselves exiled for a few seasons whether they liked it or not but Ferguson seems to have attained a God-like status in the game and can do as he pleases.

The FA Cup, sadly, is way down the list of priorities for the *big* clubs. Only a few years ago Man Utd declined to take part in the competition and any other club would have found themselves exiled for a few seasons whether they liked it or not but Ferguson seems to have attained a God-like status in the game and can do as he pleases.

God knows why - only one team can win the league and Liverpool have got little else to play for so why rest their stars?

Liverpool have got little else to play for so why rest their stars?

Will he rest both of them?

Lets not go there again. Reina is probably the best keeper in the Premiership - certainly helped Liverpool get all three points at Villa.

Dirk Kuyt is also one of the Premiership's most consistent performers.

Carragher would still be a first choice for most teams in the Premiership.

So there are three stars without mentioning the two real gems! :wink:

United are fast becoming a ONE man wonder - and even he's a scouser! :lol:

I take it, it is ok for non-league clubs to put out weakened teams then?:

Of course it is Peter - they are part timers! :roll:

Some of the lads get 50 plus games under their belt during the season on top of training twice a week and having full-time jobs.

Some of the lads get 50 plus games under their belt during the season on top of training twice a week and having full-time jobs.

Going to uni is a full time job???

I see the strong team that poo put out were lucky to escape with a draw.

I wonder what excuses the poo supporters( those humble enough to post) will come up with? the pitch, the weather? :shock:

Going to uni is a full time job???

I see the strong team that poo put out were lucky to escape with a draw.

I wonder what excuses the poo supporters( those humble enough to post) will come up with? the pitch, the weather? :shock:

No excuses Reading wanted it more and deserved to have won really. Liverpool lucky to get a second chance.

COME ON LEEDS! :twisted:

..............and YES!!! I am STILL a Liverpool FC fan!! :cry:

Bren. :wink:

Hi stranger. At least you admit to the poor standard of Rafa and his merry men.

"I'm lovin it" never says owt these days unless they win!!!

A Happy New Year to you Bren and I hope 2010 is a good year for you.

Well done Leeds. You deserved your win. Serves Fergie right for fielding a weak team AGAIN.

I don't rate Welbeck or the frog. Neville has forgotten how to tackle and Rooney looks knackered.

At least the poo supporters will be less worried now that they don't have Man. U in their way. :roll:

Peter, you and other United supporters need to accept it and stop hiding behind the "weak team" excuse, it was a team sent out to do a job that failed. Big money = big squads that are all up for selection.

Of the 11 that started today 2 were reasonable, 3 were fair, 3 were poor and 3 were rubbish; all have played better but collectively the team got what it deserved.

Fergie brought on Giggs, Valencia and Owen but Carrick was the sub required, at halftime.

Eagle, Fergie wouldn't pick that team against any of the top six, so it must be a weaker team.

He did it a few weeks ago and got turned over. If you are saying that Welbeck, Anderson, the frog and the other midfielder are better than those on the bench, I'll start watching tiddley winks.

Fergie said in the interview that he didn't expect Leeds to play like that, so that suggests that he thought it would be an easy game.

Given that there are no certainties this season, he should be playing his strongest.

Come on boys - Manchester UNITED - don't start falling out.

United got what they deserved end of. Are you going to sack the boss on the back of this - no.

At least Fergie will see the error of his ways and send out a team capable of beating City.

Benitez would field a below strength team again because he is always right! :roll::cry: