Sick to death of the Human Rights Brigade

Rifles

When Tracy Ryan spotted a suspected burglar emerging from the dog sanctuary where she works, she thought she would have little problem pointing him out to police.

After all, he had a large port-wine stain on his face.

But when police set up an identity parade, they refused to take the man's distinctive birthmark into account - in case it infringed his human rights.

What about the victims human rights ?

I can see vigilante groups becoming more active as the law does nothing to help victims. Nowadays you can even kill someone and be out after 18 months.

Its getting worse.

Maybe so, but the requirement to find 12 men of similar looks goes back to time immoral (as I prefer to call it).

Wish I had a pound for the number of times I have stood around a police station like Stockton Heath to find such " volunteers".

I am happy to give the present day police as much flak as anybody, but fairs fair. The act - photos - made life easier than formerly, but has virtually the same requirement.

Happy days

I know it sounds crazy but thinking about it, I reckon it wouldn?t be too hard to try and hide your identity by dummying up a false birth mark or temporary tattoo. That?d be much easier than trying to change your facial characteristics and maybe that?s why the police are taking this approach? :roll:

Bill :)

she should have set the bloody dogs on him!! :lol:

I agree with Baz!

Maybe they'd have got blood samples for DNA testing! :lol:

But as they didn't and as the main evidence is going to rely on a witness statement, then I have to agree with Bill!

Birthmarks would be pretty easy to fake...........or disguise either, so they couldn't be regarded as good evidence.

If the witness got a good look at him then she should be able to recognise him with or without the birthmark. If she didn't get a very good look at him then the evidence is unreliable.