UKIP

Lt Kije

With regards to the EU, surely the real issue is not withdrawing from it but rather the money that we pay in to it with no visible benefits for the UK......

Apart from that, why do we need dictating to by Europe. We need to regain our independency, NOT become a puppet.

So, UNLESS those changes that have been made can be unmade, get us out PRONTO!!!!.

great BRITAIN????? :roll:

PS. This is something the Tories are going to have to address to make sure that they win the election.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true, that EU beaurocrats are planning to access the banks accounts of all EU citizens to monitor their spending patterns - seems George Orwell had it right after all. :?:twisted:

I live in hope that if they monitor my account, they might send me some money....eldest just gone to University of Bristol....funded by M & D Bank :wink::D

Seriously, my understanding is that, and in fairness to the EU, they are trying to impose conditions on the US who want to monitor Europeans who use the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) system which deals with trillions in global transactions daily involving 8,000 banks.

But why do governments want to monitor private individuals bank accounts? What has it got to do with them what private individuals do with their own money? All our ships have Phillipino crews and they get paid using the SWIFT system, thats what it's there for. Less government and less government interference is what is called for in my opinion. :shock::shock::shock::roll:

• 4 weeks later...
Now that Dave's lost his silver policy bullet (an EU Treaty referendum); perhaps UKIP will be the beneficeries?! :?:wink:

Saw his speech yesterday on hs they plan to tackle a lot of the EU ills in the wake of the treaty being ratified.

Fair play to him, he's trying to claw back a lot of control (or will if elected) from Brussels, but I doubt it will affect UKIP.

UKIPs biggest problem is that the BNP steal some of their thunder and s[plit thye 'out of Europe' vote. If there was no BNP, UKIP could start to give the Libs a real run for their money imo, but I fear a lot of UKIP votes go to the more extreme BNP.

Actually, I'm quite suprised at the way this has been reported by the media: the Tories had no choice but to drop their referendum plans, cos the Lisbon Treaty is now LAW. Their efforts to "claw back" sovereignty and powers given away by this Treaty, will sadly be in vain - so if they really want to put this issue to bed once and for all, that need to hold a referendum to either stay in the EU OR come out of it. I suspect a lot of Euro-sceptic votes will transfer from the Tories to UKIP, whilst the Labour lose the WWC voters. :?

Errm, you mean like the threat to Vauxhall, when "our German friends" bribed the Canadian take-over Company to keep German jobs at Opel? :roll: Do you believe that our exports to Europe are due to somekind of fraternal altruism on the part of the recipients? Or could it be, that our exports are actually in demand? :?

What has that got to do with not being part of a Euro super state? If we had had the referendum like the one-eyed Scot had promised in his manifesto, there would be no Lisbon treaty and we would still be part of an EU where the individual countries still had their own identities..... now it is just one big festering pot of people!

We argue on here about things which sadly only Nick Griffin might put right (?) (or better still UKIP).

Now Nick has seats in the EU perhaps even he might want to keep our membership.

I only post this as on every forum I read, despair and frustration are pretty much the order of the day, simply crying into a wilderness of apparent government apathy.

Happy days

The only reason UKIP and BNP have seats in the EU Parliament, is because the EU PR electoral system allows it. It's important for them to have a political platform and to access information to expose the EU for what it is -as it is, the EU "Parliament" is an expensive joke, having no real power over the Council of Ministers. :twisted: