Wolves end Wembley wait

Gary

:D8) Well what a great match !!!! the atmosphere was breathtaking :D Talk about emotional ups and downs ....... my 1st Warrington semi final that i've attended and now its off to Wembley for the big one ..........

Pity i'm away next week and will miss the post match press conference ....

:D8) Well what a great match !!!! the atmosphere was breathtaking :D Talk about emotional ups and downs ....... my 1st Warrington semi final that i've attended and now its off to Wembley for the big one ..........

Pity i'm away next week and will miss the post match press conference ....

Your only in Wales - ! :roll::wink:

I am back from my Special Operations Exercise at Ingleton i.e. chilling out and drinking beer and have just watched the recording of the match. At last we have a coach who knows what he is doing. It didn't take long for the penny to drop that Michael Monaghan isn't a half-back(most fans could have told him that anyway). Since moving to acting half his contribution to the team has been second to none. He must be the best in the game at that position and I'd be happy to see him there for the rest of his career. Although he isn't playing hooker, at the scrum he stands beyond the stand off and is then acting half on the first tackle, a shrewd move by a very shrewd coach. If only the last coach could have been as shrewd perhaps we wouldn't have lost a couple of thousand fans(including me). The wasted Cullen years are finally behind us, let him peddle his verbal gymnastics on Sky TV.The brilliant Chris Hicks try was the icing on the cake of a very fine victory. Well done all concerned.

i watched todays match on tv obviously i was dissapointed with the result but lets hope wire can handle the tactics of hudddersfield

they were never penalised once for not standing 10mtrs.

anyway good luck wires in the final. 8)

Actually they were penalised quite a few times.

Best team won. They out muscled Saints and it will be great to see a diferent name on the cup instead of the usual suspects.

Come on you Wire!

What a weekend wire get to wembly = hangover and then saints lose out = another hangover!!

The final should be a cracker a real test not only of the players but of two good coaches,

Well there was a good coach outside the Imperial this afternoon. Full of saints fans going for a pint!! :lol:

I see Warrington is now flooded with people wearing the Wolves shirt and loudly beeping horns and shouting/swearing at passers by from every flag draped Saxo!!

Should be a good final though..... would be a good excuse for a weekend in London I guess!

Okay, I'm not an ardent Wires fan, have been a fan for many years - since my children were very small in fact, but could never afford to go and watch the matches "en masse" as I would have liked.

My problem today is that Wire have won!!!! against the old enemy Wigan pie eaters and have reached Wembley for the first time in 19? years, and although I've attended a few matches lately, I still don't know the words to the Wires songs!!

If somebody could put the words on here for me, I'd be ever so pleased! I'm going to Wembley with 4 others and would LOVE to sing along with the Barmy Army, which is where I stand in the Halliwell Jones. :wink:

Say what you like about "fairweather fans" - some of us can't possibly afford to see many of the matches as we're OAP's. so can't afford tickets on a regular basis or to travel to the away matches.

:shock:

Thanks,

Bren.

I've now bought my final ticket along with 6 others, unfortunately not the ones I wanted. I went into the Wolfie shop for a new shirt, some car door flags, etc, and perhaps a CD/DVD with the fans songs on but the shop was so chokker I gave up and went to the market for some primrose and blue ribbon........."she wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon" ........ 8)

I'll have to go back later.

Bren. :D

P.S.

Gary, how come you just walked straight through to the Stadium, do you not have to queue for your tickets????? :shock::shock::shock:

Should be a good final though..... would be a good excuse for a weekend in London I guess!

What you mean that you're not going to Creamfields :wink::)

Understand the Westcoast mainline is down for maintenance that weekend, so journeys need to be planned with some thought.

I'm not a rugby person, but getting to Wembley is a great boost for the town, even better if they win, which I think that they should do, Huddersfield didn't look that impressive.

The brother of somebody I know is flying over from Singapore for the match.

I've now bought my final ticket along with 6 others, unfortunately not the ones I wanted. I went into the Wolfie shop for a new shirt, some car door flags, etc, and perhaps a CD/DVD with the fans songs on but the shop was so chokker I gave up and went to the market for some primrose and blue ribbon........."she wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon" ........ 8)

I'll have to go back later.

Bren. :D

P.S.

Gary, how come you just walked straight through to the Stadium, do you not have to queue for your tickets????? :shock::shock::shock:

I walked straight through the stadium to pay cash for my tickets and there was no one queuing at the turnstile as I walked through.

Just used my common sense! :roll::wink: