Now in a car near you!

observer

Driving up to a traffic light junction, the lights are on green, car approaching in opposite direction, indicating a right turn; turns right infront of my path causing me slam on the breaks! Thinks - another old foggie that should be re-tested, or better still, put down: but no; it was a young "chav" with the compulsory baseball cap on. :twisted: So it seems the "I'm going where I want to go, when I want to go" brigade, have now progressed up the food chain, from J-walking, to riding bikes through red lights and are now in a car near you - so be carefull out there - it's a jungle. :shock:

Whether it is up to standard or not; what is clear is; that we seem to have an increasing number of young (mainly men) drivers, who drive with attitude - the attitude being, "I'm going where and when I wanna go". :roll: Later the same day, a guy pulled out of a side street, right in front of me - maybe I'm attracting these zombies?! :?:wink:

They all sit at 45 degrees to the steering wheel too. Slunk down low, no seat belts on and have a fag going! with the spare arm across the passenger seat back

You've just described my son! :shock:

(He wears his seatbelt, doesn't smoke and you forgot the mention the extremely loud 'music' :roll: )

I think from your sample size that you have provided a compelling case observer.

Whether it is up to standard or not; what is clear is; that we seem to have an increasing number of young (mainly men) drivers, who drive with attitude - the attitude being, "I'm going where and when I wanna go". :roll: Later the same day, a guy pulled out of a side street, right in front of me - maybe I'm attracting these zombies?! :?:wink:

Well I would say pensioners are evrry bit as guilty, from my equally compelling sample size of one.

Coming out of Riverside on the inside lane on Monday with a large lorry blocking my right hand view, the lights turn green and I move off, only for the van ahead to slam on his breaks as a lorry has gone through on red, he then pulls out and I follow, then myself having to also slam on the anchors as some olg goat now goes through on his moped, I toot and he turns to mouth off at me.

No idea what he said, but he not only went through a red, but missed it by miles as he was following a lorry that was going through on our green faze.

So that's young and old drivers clearly unfit to be on the road. Leaves us middle agers then.

Well, compulsory re-testing at 70 could get rid of the grumpies, but you'd probably need a re-test every say 5 years to iron out the rest - just think; the roads would be half empty - bliss! :wink:

Compulsory retesting for everyone every 5 years these coming into UK and staying for 12 months retest them too

Get rid of the speed cameras and bring back the good old days when we complained about the police on the roads

Fine cyclists and pedestrians for causing accidents too

Better still Baz: compulsory tests for cyclists, they use the road, so should have a knowledge of the Highway Code. :wink:

but unless there was some form of tax disk on the bike, and insurance to cover riding it, there would be no way of identifying the fact that the rider had passed a test!

hows about back to the old style. every car to have a person walking in front with a red flag.

could make it part of community service,

less pollution due to low speeds.

no fatalities due to crashes

less damage if there is a crash leading to cheaper insurance.

bad lads get out in the fresh air and get plenty of exercise whilst doing a public service.

cyclist to be restricted to the old three gear bikes so that they don't have to spend time fiddling around changing gear when they should be concentrating on the road.

cheaper bikes due to less complexity and less bike theft as each bike would be the same so no point. in nicking them

getting silly now so will stop this post :lol::lol::lol: