Formula 1

Mediaman

Bill, I think the pre-season media attention was more interesting than the race, the only part of the race I enjoyed was seeing Schumacher back, however the new regulations have spoilled it for me, if the next few races are as boring as the Bahrain, I am switching off my TV and I am a F1 fan! Like all the F1 fans and pundits and drivers have been saying, it is now in danger of turning into one long procession.

I just feel cheated and left dissapointed out of what could have been a good race, there is too much rule changing, maybe they should revert back to as many fuel stops, tyre changing and as many engine changes without penalty or losing grid position.

:(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn?t exactly a memorable race and the results matched the pre race testing so closely that they almost didn?t need to have the race. But at least the top teams all have top drivers so it?ll be interesting to see how that plays out and similarly at the bottom end there may be some better racing down there.

I often enjoy the qualifying sessions more than the race itself but the BBC got it all messed up this time by dropping the timing graphics so I had no idea which driver was in the drop zone until the end of the session. I think they are going to get a whole load of complaints about this.

Agree too many changes aren?t good, but to be honest, they?re all pretty minor issues with the exception of the refuelling ban.

Anyway we?ll just have to wait and see what happens and just hope it gets a bit better.

Bill :)

PS just booked a pit stop for a set of fronts and rears. Estimated time 2 hours! :lol:

Bill, I think what will make the remainder of the F1 races more interesting and spice it up a little, is rain on race day, seems then the drivers will show their real driving skill, with more overtaking and wheel to wheel action, just like Spa with that famous incident with Schumacher against Coulthard. :wink:

It seems that they want more pit stops to make the races more exciting. It would make a good Monty Python sketch. :lol::lol:

I agree that they must have pit stops, but a lot of races recently have been decided by having the fastest wheel change or refueling stop, or that is the only way they can overtake the car in front, surely the best way to win a race and make more exciting is on the track.

Or if Monty Python was in charge of the F1 rules, maybe everytime a car brokedown on track, John Cleese would come out with the race steward and hit it with a branch from a tree to get it started again? :wink:

• 4 months later...

Had a track day last week at ex formula 1 driver Jonathan Palmer?s private circuit down near Bedford and got to drive some pretty quick cars including a formula Jaguar race car.

After just eight laps I was preying for it to finish and literally had to be helped out of the car at the end of the race.

Anyone who thinks formula 1 drivers just go out and drive cars ought to try this out and see just how physically demanding this sort of motor sport is. :P

Bill :)