Gordon hires Sir Alan Sugar to help sort out Mess !?

Dizzy

See in his latest make or break cabinet re-shuffle Gordon Brown has awarded Sir Alan Sugar a peerage and a 'new enterprise' role within government.

I quite like Alan Sugar and can't wait for the day that he says to Gordon Brown ... " YOU'RE FIRED "

Glenys Kinnock is promoted to the House Of Lords with immediate effect (To join her husband on the Lords Gravy Train no doubt) so she can become a cabinet minister....

For Gods sake; who's next? Michael Foot, Harold Wilson.... this can't go on any longer.

Brown is finished, his government is finished and Labour is finished..... call the election and sod off back to Scotland

Sugar couldn't run something simple like a football club. WHAT can he do for the country?????

PANIC is setting in, hence the knee-jerk reactions.

Still, I suppose hiring him will get rid of one hell of a lot of civil servants in Whitehall. :lol:

Oh come on Peter... Alan Sugar appears on reality TV shows so he must know what he's doing :lol: :lol:

Recon Gordie is hoping to get some votes from the 'reality tv watchers' as they will at least have heard of the name Alan Sugar... " e's brill aint 'e and nows wat e's doin cos e's rich and faymus :wink:

On the subject of these Government appointed Lords, shouldn't the Peerage be withdrawn when the Government that appointed them is no longer in Government, on the basis that the title goes with the job...no job, no title.

Interestingly I'm not sure how great a businessman Alan Sugar really is, his great wealth now is derived from property investments, all his trading businesses have long since gone I think. With regards to the Apprentice, although I very rarely watch it, there was a summary programme on last night, the contestants seemed like a bunch of egotistical half wits, who it seems couldn't run the proverbial in a brewery....but Alan Sugar reckoned they were the best contestants ever :?:shock:

of course they were the best contestants ever. who would want to watch a bunch of honest hard working people who could do the job properly without shouting or arguing and throwing a wobbler everytime they went wrong. :wink:

still it is taking peoples mind of the recession i suppose :twisted:

Maybe all the MP's should have phone numbers on their backs in the Parliament progs then the public could vote them out ...i'm sure that would generate plenty of money to quickly pay off the national debt. Maybe SYCO Productions should take over the Parliament channel.

It might be Alan Sugar who is fired from the Apprentice, seems as though working for the BBC and being part of the Government is a conflict of interest.

Sir Sugar is reported as saying today that he made it "perfectly clear" to Mr Brown that he would not compromise his position on his television show The Apprentice. :lol: So it is clear where his priorities lie already :roll:

He has also said that it is not a publicity stunt as many believe as he's not the type of person to be used.

"I have a passion and commitment to try and help small businesses and enterprise to see if we can get things moving again."

"As far as I'm concerned I've just got a passion to help out young people, to help out businesses and act as a kind of giant Dragon's Den if you like - although not with my money."

Course it's not his money it's OURS but we have no say in how or who playes about with it :cry: