Film Music?

observer

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just saw a 1954 film with Elizabeth Taylor and Vittorio Gassman. She's a rich playgirl and falls in with the music students in Zurich, and gets torn between violinist with Tchaikovsky's concerto, or the pianist with Rachmainoff's 2nd concerto. When each are playing she seems to be ... well, discretion says do not describe. What a terrific film that was called RHAPSODY.

• 4 weeks later...
not quite on topic but i found this the other day and it gave me a smile. i will never watch starwars in the same way again.

You "found" this? What, slipped under your door by a well-wisher? Sid, you must have been browsing that site in Darth Vader fetish mode.....

And as for you, Adam, Star Wars is a fine investment of anyone's time. I have all six DVDs and apart from the Ewok suits, I will not hear a word against it. Bravo George Lucas - made it himself when nobody would finance him and it's the biggest damn thing ever. Not to mention Harrison Ford in THOSE pants..... :D

(Jerry accepts hand, plants a dry gentlemanly kiss just above the knuckle) Some years ago the Governor of Arizona refused to allow state employees to celebrate MLK's birthday.

I just mention it because people all over the world seem to think that California is the weird state. I've passed through Arizona many times, once ate at the Sizzler in Tempe, stayed overnight off Flagstaff for the Grand Canyon tour, and once filled my tank in Winslow -- but there was no girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to take a look at me... (sigh) Take It Easy