F.A Cup Final

Gary

Who do you want to win.

I think it would be good to see Chelsea win because United have won the league and it is better for the game if the trophies are shared out.

United the league, Chelsea FA Cup and Liverpool (fingers crossed) the Champions League.

The special one also needs cheering up after his pet escapades! :o :brokenheart:

Nth versus south.......the north every time....and the shirt colour is right too!

United! United! (ecky thump!, did I just chant that?) :D

Score 2 - 1, but in Moanin' Mourinho's words, "everyone can see the better team lost today, only one team was out there to win, only one team was playing football...." :sleeping: ..... gotta love the special one!

DEFINATELY not a classic, but Man U were hard done by.

That ball did cross the line as the reverse video clearly showed - but, in fairness, it'd be harsh to blame the officials re ground level sight-lines. Still, having said that, if I was a MU supporter, I'd be miffed.

Originally posted by ChrisG:

That ball did cross the line as the reverse video clearly showed - but, in fairness, it'd be harsh to blame the officials re ground level sight-lines. Still, having said that, if I was a MU supporter, I'd be miffed.

But wasn't it the force of the sliding United player who forced the Goalkeeper behind the line, which...and I stand to be corrected, would have been a foul and any goal disallowed. :confused:

By and large as a neutral, I think it was a fair result.

I am miffed but not about the 'goal', the officials had no chance of spotting it without TV replays but that is another topic; I am miffed about United's abject performance which was just a tad better than Chelsea's. Chances created but not converted has been the story of the season, an out and out goal scorer is a priority.

The game was definitely not the classic to open the New Wembley and was contested by two tired teams. Is it time for the teams in Europe to be exempt from the FA Cup, a competition that is looked on as an inconvenience to the top teams who only become interested if their second strings reach the Semis? It would open up a 'path to glory' for others.

[ 20.05.2007, 09:40: Message edited by: Eagle ]

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by ChrisG:

[qb]

But wasn't it the force of the sliding United player who forced the Goalkeeper behind the line, which...and I stand to be corrected, would have been a foul and any goal disallowed.
Maybe. The match commentators mentioned that,but also mentioned that Giggs momentum carried him into the keeper which mitigated the 'offence'. They also referenced the Chelsea player behind Giggs who could have been adjudged to have fouled him, causing Giggs loss of footing etc. All theoretical now.

One thought did occur - cheeky I know - but if Cech had been a wicket keeper and claimed a catch that wasn't, he'd be castigated as a cheat (as has happened in the past at senior level). What's the difference between a wicket keeper claiming a catch that wasn't, and a goal keeper claiming a save that wasn't? :confused:

Thankfully only witnessed extra time - United were less than useless and one wonders how they have achieved the title when in big matches lik the FA Cup Final and a Champion Leagues semi-final they looked totally out of their depth and also rans.

So one has to ask is winning the title all it is cracked up to be when apart from three other teams the winners are playing also rans every week.

Now lets see - How many times have United beat Chelsea this season - err none.

Season now over for Chelsea and United - as they say - save the best til last!

Come on Liverpool! :biggrinbounce:

Originally posted by Gary:

So one has to ask is winning the title all it is cracked up to be when apart from three other teams the winners are playing also rans every week.

Don't you mean 'no' other teams apart from also rans. The same also rans that the Poo fail to beat.

Gary, you are so bigotted it is actually quite sad, I will be shouting for Liverpool on Wednesday because it is an England v Italy contest.

Given that Liverpool finished lower in the table than the team that you call an also ran, what is the term for being worse than also ran?

It's worse than sad Eagle, Gary is proving himself to be the typical jealous scouser. The FA Cup was disappointing to say the least, not so much because we lost but more so in the way we lost; playing slow, boring, unexciting football. At one point I thought I was watching the Poo :D

I repeat my views as in ' can wolves make it three' thread, in 'Now the Wire' and good luck on Wednesday.

At the end of the day it was a dreadful game of football a typical cup final.

The United goal was'nt a goal it was in my opinion a foul by Giggs never mind blaming the surface he could have stopped if he wanted to if he had been heading towards the post he would have stopped in plenty of time.

The Drogba goal was very good but never looked like it was going to happen and was probably the only real threat Chelsea had all game.

If I was going to rate who the better side was it would just be MU but only after they brought Alan Smith on.

Should be an interesting Charity Shield.

John

A little note to Eagle, Busby, wolfie and Co.

There is nothing sad about being passionate about the football team you support - a team I have supported all my life through thick and a bit of thin.

I do not condemn you for your support for United and I would not criticise you for wanting Ac Milan to beat Liverpool - because after all they are the team who booted your team out.

There are literally tens of thousands of United fans wanting Liverpool to lose on Wednesday night, so try and enjoy the banter this forum affords us, rather than making personal attacks on a passionate scouser.

It is also a FACT that while United finished top of the pile in the league they have failed to beat Chelsea this season in any competition - and Liverpool have beaten them three times including the Charity Shield.

Liverpool are also in the Champions League Final (Again).

United didn't look any better than Liverpool in the League games and in fact it was daylight robbery at Anfield.

No sit back, chill and enjoy the banter!

:biggrinbounce: