What Firework Displays are on Tonight?

Geoffrey Settle

maybe the kids from Bewsey and Dallam will cease hostilities and come out and play football at midnight

Oi Baz!

I'll have you know that once upon a time, hostilities were at their highest around bonfire night in Dallam,.......... well, almost. Remember the Battle of Clinker Bonk? And I'm not talking about kicking a bag o wind around a cow field cock :wink:

Up to or necks in wet nettles and thistles we were. There's nowt better than wet nettles for sorting the men from the boys.

Blackbrook Community Association have one on Saturday evening ( Nov 8th ) See other posting .

Bar - B -Q side stalls , entertainer, Music and a fabulous display and all for free ( except for the food ) and we would give that away if we could afford it !!!!!! :D:D

Fun sarts around 4 pm and the display around 7pm.

Near the Jolly Falsaff at the rear of St Bridgets School on Capesthorn RTd.

bonfire night is now diluted over a seven day period instead of one big blast off

It's not been diluted over a 7 day period here Gary... it seems to have been extinguished. Apart from last nights token gesture I've hardly heard a thing so far. Perhaps everyone had gone to Halton's Spike Island huge display for free instead.

Was strangely quiet here too and has been all week.

Maybe people simply aren't wasting their money :shock:

Had to laugh yesterday tea time. There was a bloke near the exit of the Asda carpark at cockhedge with spinning lights on his head :shock: and was holding a big sign saying 'Ask me for a free voucher for rockets' :?

Sales must have been bad at his firework shop near the exit.... and to make it worse no-one was bothering to stop :oops: He looked totally fed up and embarassed, poor chap :oops: